Grocery University Huge Sale! Grocery University Huge Sale! Current Price $8.97
Time Left at This Price!
Buy Grocery University »

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Scones

Remember the oh-so-good Pumpkin Scone recipe I shared a few weeks ago? Well, The Willing Cook figured out how to adapt them to be gluten-free and dairy-free.

If you’ve not tried these scones yet, let me tell you, you are missing out. They are fabulous!

Comments

1. Guest says

I could cry – we recently had to go gluten-free so all of Crystal’s delicious breads taunt me each week – THANK YOU!!!!

• Cheri A. says

Aww, Hugs to you! I have many recipes that are gluten-free, and I’d be happy to share them with you and point to some resources if you will post your contact info. It’s probably best to use AT and DOT com to assure that the spam bots don’t get your info.

• Jen says

It’s overwhelming at first, but it gets easier over time. I was diagnosed almost 3 years ago but now I say it only stinks when I leave the house, LOL. Finding good GF flour substitutes helped me immensely. Tom Sawyer (found in Whole Foods) and Better Batter (betterbatter dot org) are awesome. They can be subbed cup for cup for your old wheat flour containing recipes. I’m transitioning to eating Paleo now, and I really wish I would have done that in the first place. It would have been a lot easier on my grocery budget! :)

Thanks, Crystal, for sharing these recipes with your readers! I hope it is helpful to those with dietary restrictions. And, thanks again, for getting the ball rolling on delicious Pumpkin Scones!

3. Ana says

I have to try them now. Most of the resepies can be made glutenfree, it just takes time and practice. Thanks the Willing Cook for saving me time :).

I made the scones when you had the original recipe on here for the birthday of one of the guys at work. They all liked it. I had just made a cake the week before for another birthday and was looking for something different. Thanks for the recipes and all of the other ideas.

5. Kristy says

Think I could substitute Pumpkin Pie Spice for the ginger/nutmeg/etc in the recipe? I don’t have all of those individual spices, but I do have Pumpkin Pie Spice which would surely be close. Any idea on the amount? Thanks in advance!

• Michele says

I also was missing some of the spices. I made the original recipe with just cinnamon and nutmeg. The scones were good, but it did seem like it was missing something. I’m gonig to make these again using pumpkin pie spice and everyone I talk to agrees.

6. Joy says

I made the original recipe & it was a hit in our family. Actually, I made 2 batches – one with Raisins!!! They were even better!

7. Jane says

i made these scones (original recipe), but substituted almond milk for the cream. also, it’s easy to replace the egg if you don’t have enerG. try using a 1/4 cup of applesauce, or even extra pumpkin!

Oh, thank you, thank you! My kids adore pumpkin anything, but we went gluten free in January! They love pumpkin muffins and scones and I was JUST explaining to them that the aching tummies wouldn’t be worth it, and maybe we could come up with a wheat-free version?

Perfect timing!

9. Emily says

Thanks, Crystal, for posting this link! I made these for a bridal shower (my entire family has celiac disease), and they were a hit! My husband didn’t even want to take them after they were finished, because he liked them so much!

10. Celeste says

Shoulda saved these to my favorites first time i made them…now for some reason, the link wont let me back in :( Any chance you could send me the recipe link for the regular pumpkin scones via email? Thanks so much!
    Happy Fall!