Pumpkin and doughnuts mixed together?? Yes, please! If you love muffins and you’re looking for a new recipe to try, put this one at the top of your list!
This recipe is the perfect marrying of two of my favorite things for fall! The muffins were a little drier than I expected and the batter was thick, but when rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar, they were pretty much perfect! And my family agreed!
Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
- 10 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (or make your own buttermilk)
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (or raw sugar)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Stir together the buttermilk and pumpkin in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat. Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low speed. Then add half of the pumpkin mixture and mix on low speed. Repeat with the rest of the flour mixture and pumpkin mixture.
- Put about 1/3 cup of batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean).
- Let the muffins cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. While they are cooling, melt the butter and mix together the cinnamon and sugar for the topping.
- Roll or dip the muffins completely in butter and then roll or dip them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture until they are fully coated.
- Let the muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 15-18 muffins. Recipe adapted slightly from Brown Eyed Baker.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Whole-Wheat Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Freezer-Friendly Pumpkin Bars
- Freezer-Friendly White Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
What is YOUR favorite pumpkin recipe to make? I’d love to hear!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!