I’m excited to be bringing you another yummy recipe from my youngest sister, Olivia! If you need a winner French Toast recipe, this is it! -Crystal
This Ice Cream Soaked French Toast is a Winner!
I started making this recipe a few years back when I was looking for the perfect French toast recipe to use on one of our super-sized family vacations. (I’m usually in charge of all the meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking!)
With 25+ people to feed, it can be difficult to come up with a recipe that suits everyone’s tastes. But ice cream-soaked French toast was a total hit with everyone the first time I made it, and we’ve been using it on our family trips ever since!
It’s extremely simple to make and can easily feed a crowd if you double or triple the recipe.
Ingredients for Ice Cream Soaked French Toast
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 stick butter (8 Tablespoons), melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10-12 slices of cinnamon raisin bread
NOTE: Sometimes I substitute different types of bread if people don’t like raisins. Feel free to switch it up with the bread of your liking, but I think raisins add a special boost of flavor. 🙂
How to Make Ice Cream Soaked French Toast
1. Whisk together ice cream, eggs, butter, and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Greased your griddle and set it to medium heat.
3. Soak bread in ice cream mixture (working with a few slices at a time) and let it sit for about 20 seconds or until completely soaked through.
4. Place soaked bread on hot skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, 1-3 minutes per side.
5. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
6. Serve immediately with butter and warm syrup.
How to Freeze French Toast
1. Lay French toast slices flat on cookie sheets and allow to freeze for about 30 minutes.
2. Remove from cookie sheets, and place in freezer bags.
3. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat: Place frozen slices of French Toast on a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
Cinnamon Raisin Ice Cream Soaked French Toast
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream melted
- 4 eggs beaten
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 12 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- Whisk together ice cream, eggs, butter, and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl.
- Greased your griddle and set it to medium heat.
- Soak bread in ice cream mixture (working with a few slices at a time) and let it sit for about 20 seconds or until completely soaked through.
- Place soaked bread on hot skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, 1-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Serve immediately with butter and warm syrup.
Olivia is a music teacher, graphic designer, and event organizer. She loves hospitality, ministering to the elderly, reaching out to international students, playing harp gigs, adding beauty to everyday life, and experimenting with recipes in the kitchen. Her greatest joy in life come from knowing God and growing in her relationship with Him.
Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy
We love comments from readers, so chime in with your thoughts below! We do our best to keep this blog upbeat and encouraging, so please keep your comments cordial and kind. Read more information on our comment policy.