Have you ever wondered how to make cinnamon rolls at home? This is (in my opinion) the best cinnamon roll recipe of all time! They’re SO delicious and the bread machine makes them super simple to make!
Looking for more yummy recipes? Check out Bread Machine Buttery Rolls, Homemade Bread Sticks in the Bread Machine, my Favorite Muffin Recipes, Easy Homemade Bread Recipes, and My Favorite Pancake Recipes.
The Best Bread Machine Cinnamon Roll Recipe
We’ve been making these bread machine cinnamon rolls for over a decade, and they never get old. It took me many failed attempts to find this perfect cinnamon rolls recipe, but they’ve been a hit in our house ever since.
And my favorite part of these homemade cinnamon rolls is that they usually only take a total of about 20 minutes of hands-on effort to pull off since you make them in the bread machine.
That’s my kind of recipe! 😃
We’ve made these easy cinnamon rolls over and over again throughout the years, and my husband and kids still get excited every time we whip up a batch on a lazy Saturday morning! And over the years, the kids have learned how to make these and love helping out with them.
Bread Machine Cinnamon Roll Recipe Ingredients
For the dough:
- 1 cup warm milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
For the filling:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
For the icing:
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Dough Bread Machine
1. Layer dough ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed and run on the dough cycle.
2. While the dough mixes, combine ingredients for the filling and set aside.
3. After the dough cycle is finished, roll the dough into a large rectangle and spread the filling ingredients over the dough.
4. Roll the dough, starting with the longest end, and cut it into 12-16 rolls.
5. Place rolls in two greased round 9″ cake pans and cover them with plastic wrap while the oven preheats. OR, put them in the refrigerator overnight and bake in the morning.
6. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
7. Bake rolls in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until just starting to get golden brown on top.
8. While the rolls bake, mix icing ingredients together until smooth (this works best with a hand mixer).
9. Spread prepared icing on rolls as soon as they come out of the oven.
10. Eat and enjoy!
What to Serve with Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon rolls are a great breakfast staple, and perfect for a mid-morning brunch. They can also be the start of your “brinner” (breakfast for dinner!) So basically, you can enjoy them any time of the day.
Serve them with quiche or other egg casseroles, or just whip up a big batch of scrambled eggs to keep things simple.
Cinnamon rolls are also delicious with a yogurt parfait or even a simple fruit cup.
Storing Bread Maker Cinnamon Rolls
If you have any cinnamon rolls left over (and that’s a big “if”), we recommend putting them in a food storage container and storing them at room temperature for up to 2 days, or freeze them for longer.
Cinnamon Roll Dough Bread Machine FAQs
If you have bread flour in the house, go ahead and us it as it will most likely produce lighter and fluffier rolls. However, don’t make a special trip to the store just for bread flour. All-purpose flour works just fine and is less expensive too!
There are a few possible causes for flat or dense rolls. Your yeast might not be active anymore or you could have used too hot of liquid (more than 110ºF) which could potentially kill the yeast. Another possibility is that your room is too cold so they didn’t have a chance to rise enough, or you could have oven-kneaded the dough, which can cause it to become very tough and dense.
You definitely want to wait on the icing until AFTER the rolls are finished baking — otherwise it will melt through to the bottom and create a sticky mess! That said, we like spreading a bit of frosting on the rolls right when they come out of the oven, and serving the rolls with additional frosting for those who like them extra sweet!
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough:
- 1 cup warm milk 105ºF
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
For the Filling
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
For the Icing:
- 1 tsp milk
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar
- 4 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- While the dough mixes, combine ingredients for the filling and set aside.
- After the dough cycle is finished, roll the dough into a large rectangle and spread the filling ingredients over the dough.
- Roll the dough, starting with the longest end, and cut it into 12-16 rolls.
- Place rolls in two greased round 9″ cake pans and cover them with plastic wrap while the oven preheats. OR, put them in the refrigerator overnight and bake in the morning.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until just starting to get golden brown on top.
- While the rolls bake, mix icing ingredients together until smooth (this works best with a hand mixer).
- Spread prepared icing on rolls as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Eat and enjoy!
Many thanks to reader, Sarah, who emailed this recipe to me. It’s a keeper!
Looking for more Bread Machine Recipes?
Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy
We love comments from readers, so chime in with your thoughts below! We do our best to keep this blog upbeat and encouraging, so please keep your comments cordial and kind. Read more information on our comment policy.