Looking for the best Christmas gifts for expecting mothers this holiday season? We have you covered with this Expecting Mothers Gift Guide — and they’re all under $30 to help you stick to your gift budget!
I had so much fun putting together this Expecting Mothers’ Gift Guide! In addition to thinking of things I have found to be helpful and fun to have in pregnancy, I also asked my followers on Instagram Stories to share their best suggestions.
Please note: I decided to stick with items that were specifically for moms, not something they would use for their baby. Sometimes I think we can more easily gravitate toward buying baby gifts for moms to be instead of buying her something to pamper her, help her enjoy the pregnancy more, or make her life easier or better.
Christmas Gifts for Expecting Mothers
1. Pregnancy and Baby Milestone Tracker — If the mama to be you’re buying for is the type that would want to take weekly photos to document her pregnancy, this would be the perfect backdrop. I’ve seen multiple people use this on Instagram and they usually mark off the weeks with a Sharpie. If you got creative and figured out a reusable way to mark the weeks off, you could also re-use this for baby photos.
2. Pregnancy Journal — A memorable way to capture all the details of your pregnancy so your child can read it one day. (Or, just so you don’t forget!) There are many different journals available, but this one has really good reviews and ratings.
3. Sonogram Keepsake Photoframe — We were gifted a sonogram photo frame and it’s one of my favorite things. This is also a cool way to display your baby’s growth and development!
4. Cute Tee or Sweatshirt — For the newer pregnant mama, here’s a cute non-maternity sweatshirt (I got this recently and love it!) Here are a few maternity tees and sweatshirts I saw that were very reasonably priced: Snowman tee, Floral Mama/Baby, Tacos for Two, and Pregnancy Countdown Tee.
5. Exercise Ball — I cannot sing the praises of exercise balls enough. If you have back pain or hip pain in pregnancy, this will provide incredible relief if you sit on it for at least an hour or two each day (I usually sit on it while working at my computer for part of the day). I also usually use a ball during labor and even used it last birth during delivery!
6. Slippers — This is a great gift for moms to be to wear around the house in the last few months when their feet might be swollen and for those first few days after delivery when you just want to hang out in the comfiest clothes. Also, these might be great to bring with you to the hospital for the delivery.
7. Comfy Pajamas — PJs are often not something that most moms will spend money on because they can seem extravagant when you can just wear a t-shirt and sweatpants. But there’s nothing quite like a new pair of pajamas to make you feel so pampered. I think this Pajama Set looks especially cozy and it has great reviews.
8. Living Proof Dry Shampoo — I love this dry shampoo so much and it is perfect on those days when you just don’t have the energy or time to wash your hair. I actually put it in the roots of my hair before bed every night and then put my hair up in a really high ponytail with a scrunchie. This allows me to only wash my hair once a week and to be able to fix my hair in just a few minutes every day.
10. Practical Help — One way to bless a pregnant mom is to give her a coupon she can redeem for some kind of practical help — such as bringing over a hot dinner or that you’ll do their laundry one week or clean their house. You could also make some frozen dinners, lunch items, healthy snacks, or breakfast items.
Stocking Stuffers for Expecting Mothers
15. Pregnancy Tea (or other non-caffeinated tea that is safe for pregnancy) — There are so many different teas out there that are formulated for pregnancy! (Note: I always recommend that you do your research before drinking and talk to your doctor if you’re not sure. Also, some teas should only be consumed in the third trimester.)
Bonus Ideas (Over $30)
Have a little extra wiggle room in your Christmas budget and willing to spend a bit more? Try one of these bonus Christmas gifts for expecting mothers:
16. Gift Card to a Maternity Store — My parents gave me a gift card to Motherhood Maternity for my birthday and it was such a great gift!
17. Pedicure or Massage Gift Card — What mama to be wouldn’t love a pedicure or massage? (Note: If you’re giving a gift card for a massage, make sure that the place offers prenatal massages as not all places always do.)
18. Annual Subscription for Grocery Delivery — Someone on Instagram recommended this and I thought it was a brilliant idea! This way, you can order groceries from home and have them delivered! You could also pay for a monthly or quarterly house-cleaning service.
19. Restaurant Gift Cards — So many people on Instagram suggested this one. Find out what the pregnant mom’s favorite restaurants are (bonus points if they offer takeout/delivery!) and buy her some gift cards so she doesn’t have to worry about some meals in upcoming months!
20. Pampering Pregnancy or Postpartum Gift Basket (depending on when the mom to be’s due date is) — Early Pregnancy Gift Basket Ideas: Preggi Pops/Drops, Crackers, Ginger Ale, Lotion, Belly Butter, Restaurant Gift Cards, a Good Book, etc. Late Pregnancy Gift Basket Ideas: Nursing Tea, Snacks for Late Night Feedings, Under Eye Cream, Dry Shampoo, Cute Hair Scrunchies, Dark Chocolate, etc.
Looking for more ideas? Check out this list of Best Gifts for New Moms.
More Holiday Gift Guides
Looking for other budget-friendly holiday gift guides? Don’t miss these:
- Beauty Gift Guide
- Tweens Gift Guide
- LEGO Gift Guide
- Outdoor Gift Guide
- Gluten-Free Gift Guide
- Little Boys Gift Guide
Stay tuned as we roll out the rest of our gift guides this week — put together by several differentteam members!
Psst! Be sure to sign up for our hot deals newsletter to make sure you don’t miss any of the hottest deals each day this holiday season!