Looking for some healthier, filling snack ideas to use as afternoon pick-me-ups or after school snacks for kids?
These have been some of our go-to healthy snack ideas over the years, and they all freeze beautifully…
1. Best Ever Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Bars — These bars are the bomb. What’s even more amazing is that they are packed with nutritional goodness.
There’s only one problem: it’s nearly impossible to eat just one. So if you’re trying to watch your calories, you might just skip over this post.
But for the rest of you, please do yourself favor and run to your kitchen and make these. You can thank me later. 😉
2. Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies — A healthier version of the traditional chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies? Bring it on!
You can add more coconut, quinoa, or oats if you want an even heartier cookie. These are perfect straight from the freezer.
3. Good-For-You Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge — I discovered this recipe years ago when I was on a no-refined foods diet, and it quickly became one of my favorite afternoon snacks. It’s the perfect pick-me-up — especially on a hot summer day!
4. Homemade Protein Bars — Back when I was doing P90X and eating lots of protein, I was determined to create a yummy, healthful, and nutritious protein bar from scratch. This was the result, and every single person in our family has dubbed as delicious!
5. Homemade Granola — This granola is crunchy and chunky and sweet and everything you could possibly want in a bowl of granola.
If you want a really big batch, this recipe doubles easily and can be stored in the freezer for months. Eat a bowlful of it as a breakfast treat, grab a handful of it for an afternoon pick-me-up, or sprinkle it on ice cream or yogurt… yum!
6. Quick & Easy Honey-Sweetened Truffles — This is by far one of my favorite healthy snack recipes. And it’s easy, too!
7. Easy Honey-Sweetened Energy Bars — I found this recipe online a few years ago and subbed a few things to make it sugar-free. I was really happy with the final recipe, and it’s so easily adaptable.
8. Homemade No-Bake Energy Bites — This recipe is delicious, packed with nutrition, and so easily adaptable. Warning: these are dangerously addictive eaten straight from the freezer!
What are some of your favorite healthy snack recipes? I’d love to hear!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!