Looking for a delicious muffin recipe? These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins are a long-time family favorite! (You might enjoy these other freezer-friendly muffin recipes, too!)
These muffins are hearty and filling. Not too sweet, but just the perfect blend of crunch and chocolate mixed together.
As you can see by the picture above, we’ve been making this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe for years! Silas was (and still is) always such a great little kitchen helper.
They’re really versatile. We’ve been known to pair them with a delicious pot of soup (like Hamburger Vegetable Soup) for a chilly December evening.
But they’re also great for breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
And don’t forget the butter to make them extra delicious! 😉
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oats (old fashioned or quick oats)
- 2 and 2/3 cups flour (white, whole-wheat, or a mixture of both
- 2/3 cup sugar or raw sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil or butter
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips, but I think it might be even better with regular-sized chocolate chips.)
Combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and oil.
Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until moistened. Mix the chocolate chips in.
Fix greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or until tops are light golden.
Makes approximately 18 muffins.
Recipe adapted slightly from Frugal Homemaker.
Other Favorite Muffin Recipes:
- Jam-Filled Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins
- Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
- 4th of July Strawberry & Blueberry Muffins
- Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- The Best Bran Muffins