Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

These muffins are hearty and filling. Not too sweet, but just the perfect blend of crunch and chocolate mixed together. They would pair well with a delicious pot of soup (like Hamburger Vegetable Soup) for a chilly December evening.

Comments

1. Tara H says

I made these after you put them on your menu last week (I think). I used raw sugar and butter. They were a huge hit with all my boys including my husband who is usually hard to please with my “healthy” snacks.

2. Kari says

I made these this week too. Much more hearty than the traditional chocolate chip muffins I make. We will be making these again.

Sounds like my baked chocolate chip oatmeal but in muffin form. In fact the recipe is almost identical. We love the oatmeal…going to have to try this or do my own recipe in muffin cups. Great idea!

4. kathy says

I was wondering how hard it would be to make these gluten free. They sure make me want to try them. A while back you tried doing gluten free…..how did it go for you.?

I used to make all of my bread from scratch, but since I was diagnosed with a strong yeast intolerance, I find that making homemade bread bothers me. We have a lot of soup to eat up; I used overstock from our CSA to make soup freezer meals, and my family misses having bread as a side.

I made a batch of these but replaced raisins for the chocolate chips. I hope that the family likes these so they can have them on the side with all the soup we are going to be eating!

6. Meredith says

Does anyone think a swap out for the oil or butter with applesauce would work? I know it does in brownies but didn’t know about these.

• Melissa says

Too cute, Tasanee! I’ve been trying to think of a gift to give to my father in law. He loves to bake and I think the muff’n joke will be right up his alley too.

7. Allyson N. says

Thank you for the recipe! I just made these and was hoping for the wonderful color yours had. The bottoms on mine burned at 14-15 minutes and the rest of the muffin never browned but was done. I used muffin liners… any tips for me?

• Kelley says

I had the same thing happen to mine this afternoon. I used muffin liners as well. Maybe they turn out better without the liners?

8. Abi says

Just made these. They are definitely dense. I would add a tad bit more sugar or vanilla extract for some added flavour. I also think the quick oats might have been the way to go. Or lessen the flour ratio to keep them a bit less dense.

9. Tracy says

Just made these and they’re really good! I used Domino LIght (half sugar/half stevia) and only used 1/3 cup, but I think I might need to decrease it even further since it was still a bit sweet. I also used dark chocolate chips and half butter/half olive oil.

I love this recipe and don’t know if i want to share with my children. Thanks!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy