Prepping breakfasts ahead of time is one of my tried and true ways of simplifying my weekday mornings. I love being able to wake up to healthful breakfast foods that I can pull from the freezer, heat up in a matter of seconds, and feed to my family.
These have been some of my go-to freezer-friendly breakfast recipes for years…
1. Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets — This one is extremely easy to prep ahead of time, and the kids love helping out with this one!
2. Baked Oatmeal — My husband and children rave about this recipe! It’s ridiculously easy to make and it freezes beautifully.
3. Whole Wheat Chocolate Pancakes — Our family loves pancakes, and this recipe is always a hit in our house!
4. Breakfast Burritos — I originally started making these after trying to come up with a homemade alternative to my husband’s favorite McDonald’s breakfast burritos. They are perfect for breakfast-on-the-go, and they are probably loads healthier than the McDonald’s burritos. One thing is for sure, they are significantly less expensive!
5. Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes — This recipe is a family favorite that we’ve used countless times over the years. And when I can find a really healthful recipe that still tastes amazing — it’s a HUGE win in my book!
6. Carrot Cake Waffles — In all honesty, I wasn’t sure that I would be impressed with this recipe. When I originally first tried it, I really only made it because we had some carrots that needed to be used up. But it turned out to be a winner recipe. Jesse especially loved them and kept raving about how good they were.
7. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Waffles — These are a little lighter and crispier than typical waffles, but they are delicious and definitely a winner gluten-free, dairy-free recipe!
8. Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls — I have made these over and over again throughout the years. I don’t think my husband would mind at all if I made these every single day. But seeing as I doubt we really need that many calories, we typically save these as a special Saturday breakfast.
9. Homemade Granola — This recipe comes from my sister, Brigette. It’s not the healthiest granola out there, but it’s definitely a winner in the taste category! It’s crunchy and chunky and sweet and everything you could possibly want in a bowl of granola.
What are some of your favorite make-ahead breakfast ideas? I’d love to hear!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!