If you’re looking for in-depth advice on how to make money from home…
Be sure to check out my newest book Money-Making Mom: How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make A Difference, where I share creative ways to manage money, generate income and–most importantly–live a life of deeper meaning, fulfillment, and generosity than you might have ever imagined possible. This book is packed with hard-won wisdom, real-life stories, and practical tips to help inspire and motivate you!
Looking for some easy ways to get started at earning money from home? Here are a few ideas–most of which I’ve personally done at some point, or am still doing myself:
You won’t get rich taking surveys, but you can certainly earn a little side income — usually something like $5-$10 per week. You can read a little about my own experience with survey companies here. Here’s a list of some legitimate survey companies you can sign up with.
Start a Subscription Box Service from Home
Thinking of starting a subscription box service? Head over to CrateJoy — a site that lets anyone start a subscription box business. There are endless possibilities with this! Moms have created everything from monthly snack subscription boxes to science club boxes and decor subscription boxes. Go here to check it out.
Become a Proofreader
Earn Money for Searching/Using the Web
Do you read email, search the web or purchase things online? Well then, you definitely should be earning points and cashback for doing so. Here are some of my favorite ways to earn money and prizes for doing things I already do online. I’ve been paid consistently by each of these websites and would highly recommend them:
- SwagBucks — Earn points for searching the web. These points can be redeemed towards prizes or gift cards. For suggestions on how to earn the most with Swagbucks, see my series on 15 Ways to Earn More Swagbucks.
- MyPoints — Earn points for reading emails. These points can be redeemed towards gift cards and more.
- Inbox Dollars — Earn cash for reading emails, search the web, take surveys, and more
- Cashback Programs — Earn cashback for making purchases online.
- 10 Tips for Having a Successful Garage Sale
- Successfully Selling on Craigslist
- Cash4Books — Sell Your Unused Books
- Sell Handmade Items on Etsy
- Turn Your Trash into Cash
For some, blogging can be a great way to earn extra income and it has certainly been a huge blessing in our family. Check out this page with detailed, step-by-step instructions on How to Make Money Blogging.
Find many more helpful ideas and resources for successful blogging at BloggingWithAmy.com
- Become a Mystery Shopper (and more here)
- Become a Medical Transcriptionist
- How to Work From Home as a Transcriptionist
- UPromise: Earn Money for College by Buying Groceries
- Earn Rewards Scanning Your Groceries
- Balloon Art
- Amazon’s Trade-In Program
- Become a Virtual Call Center Agent
- Bing Rewards
- Become an Online Tutor
- Write for Revenue-Sharing Sites
- Have an Autumn Food Stand
- Have a Garage Sale
- Market Research and Focus Groups
- Mom’s Mornings Out Services
- Usability Testing for Websites
- Sell Items on Facebook
- Answer Questions Online
- Sell Items on Etsy
- Start Your Own Cleaning Business
Resources and articles you might find helpful: