MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

How to Earn Money With Ibotta

(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)

Have you signed up for Ibotta yet? It’s one of my favorite money-making apps, and it’s a great way to save money on groceries and more—without clipping coupons!

I posted about my deals at Kroger yesterday and when I did my Facebook Live, a lot of people asked questions about how iBotta works. So I thought it was high time I do an in-depth post about it!

How to Earn Money with Ibotta

1. Sign up for Ibotta and download the free app.

2. Login and check out which stores in your area offer cash back. (You can get cash back from 275 different stores — including Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, Publix, Food Lion, Costco, Dollar Tree, Harris Teeter, Whole Foods, and many, many more. No matter where you live, there should definitely be some stores that offer cash back offers from iBotta in your area!)

3. Before you go to the store or after you’re done with your grocery shopping, check the app to see if there are any cash back offers for items you purchased.

4. If an item you purchased qualified for a rebate, all you have to do to get your cash back is to choose the retailer you purchased from and the item you purchased. Then, upload a copy of your receipt and scan the barcode of the product and submit it. (This takes around a minute or less to do!)

5. Once your cash back is approved, it will be added to your account within 48 hours! You can cash out when you have $20 accrued in your account. You can choose to either have a Paypal or Venmo deposit or you can turn your cash back into gift cards for retailers like Amazon.com.

Here’s an example of how this worked for me on my Kroger purchases. I purchased Always and Tampax on sale with coupons at Kroger and got them for $1.99 per package (see more details on these deals here).

Then, I submitted my receipt for the Ibotta offer to get $1 back per Always or Tampax item purchased (limit of three rebates per brand).

Within a few hours, I got an email saying that my cashback was approved and $4.25 (I got an additional $0.25 for purchasing another grocery item!) was added to my account.

It’s SO easy to use — and a great way to stretch your grocery dollars just a little bit further!

Sign up here to get started with Ibotta.

Save money on your groceries with Ibotta -- an easy money-making app! Read this post for a really simple explanation of everything you need to know to get started!

16 Comments

• Joanne Peterson says:

Can you use Ibotta using more than one vendor, not for getting money back twice on the same item, but different items, and going to a vendor with the best deal for the item and using Ibotta for the best deal. I go to different stores for the best deal each week.

• Theresa says:

Just a heads up to other readers, my local grocery store links my Ibotta account with my phone number. To get the rebates/coupons offered, I have to tell the cashier to enter my Ibotta number. Ibotta won’t let me upload a copy of my receipt for that store. It’s actually a lot simpler than uploading my receipts and scanning the barcodes.

• I’ve not heard of this! Thanks so much for sharing! What stores do you shop at and where do you live?

• Theresa says:

I shop at Fareway. It’s a grocery store chain in the Midwest. I live in Iowa. Farrway is based out of Iowa and has the most locations there and a few locations in the surround states. This is the only I’ll use Ibotta.

• doris says:

Does this have to be with a mobile phone?

• Mary H says:

I like ibotta, and accumulate the $20 to cash out pretty quickly. One word of warning though. They are growing quickly and experiencing some growing pains. I often have multiple items that qualify for cash back on a receipt and 4 of the last 5 times they have missed an item. That means I have to (if I catch the omission) contact them and ask to have the receipt reviewed which can take a minimum 48 hours. They have been great about fixing it but plan on some time to monitor your account.

• Heather says:

I tried to use it, but the first time I did it started asking a lot of questions about our household, which I found invasive. Is this something you can opt out of? Do they ask questions everytime you use it?

• It’s been a long time since I signed up, but I would assume you could opt out of the questions or answer something vague or say “prefer not to answer”?

• Mary H says:

The only time they asked any questions was setting up the account. I use it at least once a week and there have not been any more questions.

• Tessa says:

I LOVE Ibotta! I have over $100 waiting to be cashed in. It’s the best way to save a little extra money and then I can use that extra on something nice for myself! I try to also take advantage of the bonuses they have, always a nice little perk too!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy