Looking for the best gifts for boys this holiday season? We have you covered with this Little Boys Gift Guide — and they’re all under $30 to help you stick to your gift budget! This list includes gifts for 7 year old boys, gifts for 5 year old boys, and gifts for 2 and 3 year old boys!
This Holiday Gift Guide was thoughtfully put together by Gretchen on the MoneySavingMom team — a mom to three little boys ages 7, 2, and 1. As a boy mom, her life is full of adventure, dirt, and snacks! She is married to her high school sweetheart and enjoys finding good deals, decorating, coffee, and good books.
Have a little boy on your list this year and you’re stumped on what to get them? Here are some great ideas to get you started based on their age. There are a wide variety of items listed here, so you’ll be sure to find something they like!
Best Gifts for 7 Year Old Boys
1. Nerf N Strike Elite Strongarm Toy Blaster – My son loves playing with Nerf blasters with his friends and my husband! This one is a great gift for Nerf newbies.
2. Hasbro Guess Who Classic Game – This game is a favorite at our house! My 7 year old and I will often play a game or two after the little ones go to bed. It’s super easy and a lot of fun!
3. Remote Controlled Mini Drone Quadcopter – Someone gifted my son with this and it is the coolest little toy! This Quadcopter can fly forward, backward, up, down, hover, and even do complete flips in the air.
4. Ideal My First Magic Set – This set is a great introduction to magic tricks and includes items to perform 25 different magic tricks. My son has enjoyed performing his magic tricks for all sorts of friends and family using this kit.
5. Kid’s Walkie Talkies – You can’t go wrong with walkie talkies, especially if you have more than one boy. I can’t tell you how much fun kids have with these!
Best Gifts for 5 Year Old Boys
6. Magic Tracks Remote Control Turbo Race Cars with Bendable Glow in the Dark Racetrack — This racetrack probably ranks as one of my boys’ favorite gifts they’ve ever received! This track bends and flexes as well as glows in the dark — making it super fun and exciting.
7. Superhero Costume Capes and Masks – Boys like to dress up too — just as long as it’s anything superhero related! These capes and masks are soft and adjustable.
8. Melissa & Doug Wooden Building Blocks Set – These blocks are made from solid wood and they’re perfect for building towers and knocking them over again and again. My boys have even used them to construct roads and towns for their toy cars and mini-figures.
9. LEGO Classic Creative Suitcase Building Kit – Once my boys are a little older, they transition from Duplos to real LEGOs and this is a great first LEGO kit to start them with. I love that it comes with a carrying case to keep them all in one spot.
10. Just Play PJ Masks Collectible Figure Set – If you have a PJ Masks fan, these PJ Masks Figures will be a hit! This set includes Cat boy, Owlette, Gekko, Luna girl, and Romeo.
Best Gifts for 2 and 3 Year Old Boys
11. Fisher-Price Nickelodeon Blaze & the Monster Machines – My boys are obsessed with Blaze & the Monster Machines, and these little cars have provided hours of entertainment for them. We’ve had them for several years and they are extremely durable and good quality.
12. Play-Doh Modeling Compound 10-Pack Case of Colors – You can’t go wrong with Play-Doh! Boys love to squish, shape, and mold this stuff into all sorts of interesting creations.
13. First Builders Big Building Bag – Mega Bloks are my boys’ first introduction to LEGOs and they always love them! These are perfect for early development skills as well.
14. Wooden Train Tracks Full Set Bundle – Oh my goodness! I can’t tell you how much little boys love trains and train tracks! We’ve had our set for over 5 years and all three of my boys have spent hours playing with it. This set connects with multiple brands including the Thomas Railway System, Brio, Melissa and Doug, Kidkraft, and more!
15. Safari Animals Figures – I didn’t know boys could have so much fun with animal figures until they got one free in a fast food kids meal. We are continually adding to our collection and now have animal figures all over our house. They sleep with them, play with them in the bath, and always take them on car trips. This set is BPA-free and uses no-toxic paint.
Stocking Stuffers for Boys
16. Flying Rubber Chicken Slingshot (16 pack) – These are the silliest little toys but kids absolutely love them! I buy them for every birthday party and throughout the year as surprises. These things provide so much laughter and fun and would be such great stocking stuffers.
17. Mr. Bubble Magic Bath Crackles – Make bath time fun with these magic bath crackles! My boys thought these were the best thing ever!
18. Super Miracle Bubbles – My kids are always up for playing with bubbles! These are an easy stocking stuffer idea that won’t disappoint.
19. Hog Wild Holiday Snowman Popper – This toy has been awarded the “Best Toy” award by Parents Magazine and I would agree! Not only did it provide lots of entertainment and laughter for my boys, it’s also quiet and small — two things that are on my checklist for best toys. 🙂
20. Whoopee Cushion – If you have boys, I can assure you this will be a hit. I found these at my Dollar Tree and put them in their stockings last year. The only problem was that I heard this all day long on Christmas. But hey — they loved them!
Bonus Ideas (Over $30)
Have a little extra wiggle room in your Christmas budget and willing to spend a bit more? Try one of these bonus recommendations:
21. Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set – This basketball set is has been a big hit with all of my boys (including my husband at times!). It’s small enough to use inside and has been a lifesaver on some of the long winter days to help burn off energy.
22. Little Tikes First Slide – We got this slide a couple of years ago and it has provided hours upon hours of fun. Not only do my kids slide down it, but they race their cars, trucks and basketball down it as well.
23. Foam Bow & Arrow Archery Set – This bow & arrow set is made from durable lightweight, foam tip arrows allowing the arrows to shoot over 100 feet!
More Holiday Gift Guides
Looking for other budget-friendly holiday gift guides? Don’t miss these:
Stay tuned as we roll out several more gift guides over the next couple of weeks — put together by several differentteam members!
Psst! Be sure to sign up for our hot deals newsletter to make sure you don’t miss any of the hottest deals each day this holiday season!
What other ideas do you have for best gifts for boys? Let us know in the comments!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!