MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Quick & Easy Honey-Sweetened Truffles

These Honey-Sweetened Truffles are such a delicious healthy snack, and they're super easy to make!

I am so stoked about this recipe! It’s by far one of the best healthy recipes I’ve discovered to date. And it’s easy, too!

Karen from Abundance on a Dime emailed me her version of my tweaked recipe for Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies — and I took her version and tweaked it again.

The end result? These Honey-Sweetened Truffles.

You’ve got to try them. Even my husband said they were really good. 🙂

25 Comments

• Tara H says:

I think they look delicious! Did you use unsweetened coconut?

• Charity says:

Can’t wait to try this.
    You should try this recipe. I haven’t been eating
    Sugar for the last ten months and my sis n law
    Just discovered this recipe for chocolate.
    Haven’t not had chocolate in so long I think it’s absolutely
    Wonderful!
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1/4 tsp powder NOW better stevia
    Pecan pieces if you like nuts

Mix together and spread in a 1/4 inch thick (or so)
    Layer on a pan or plate. Freeze until harden.
    I love it! And my kids think it is great!

• Amy says:

These look great! Thanks for posting. I love your recipes.
    What kind of coconut are you using that is tasty but not sweetened?

• Elisa says:

Hi, I am curious why you are going no gluten right now. I understand the no sugar and no coffee, but what is so bad about gluten? I hear so many people going off of it now-a-days, but I don’t know why . . .

• Victoria says:

These look and sound amazing. I know I would find them rather tempting if I was to make them. Hmmm….perhaps the next get together we go to. That way I can share.

• susie says:

looks good! I am glad I looked at this before I went to the store!

• I’m so glad you enjoyed them as much as my family does, Crystal! I will probably make them all summer with peanut butter, too – the sunflower seed butter is just a great option for sending to school when you need everything to be nut-free. And thanks so much for sharing my recipe on your blog 🙂

• Kalyn Brooke says:

Going to have to try this!

• Charity says:

Your photography is excellent; those pictures look like they belong in a cookbook! Wow!

• Crystal says:

Aw, thanks so much for your kind encouragement! I’m excited that it’s slowly getting better and I’m feeling more and more comfortable behind the lens of the my camera. 🙂

• Crystal J says:

These are delicious ! I sprinkled coconut into a brownie pan (with the dividers), then spooned the mixture into each square. I then sprinkled coconut over the whole thing. After chilling in the fridge, I had honey sweetened bars ! I found that this wasn’t as messy as making the balls.

Is this recipe gluten free ?

• Crystal says:

Oh yum! I love this idea!

Yes, it is gluten-free if you gluten-free oats.

• Crystal J says:

Delicious and healthy ! I am a RN and have seen many people with digestive issues and/or allergies have resolution of their symptoms by following a gluten-free diet. I am going to try eliminating gluten from my diet as well.
        Thanks for all of the great ideas on your blog!

• Tara H says:

I made these and they are wonderful! My husband liked them too, which is a big plus! 🙂 Often when we have a get-together at church I’ll make something like this for myself and another lady who doesn’t eat cake. I ended up sharing several of these with other people Sunday night, and they were a huge hit! I always love people’s reactions…”Wow, these are heathy!? They’re so good!” Yep! 🙂

• Heather says:

I scooped the mixture into mini muffin cups and topped with a pinch of coconut to make it a bit easier (though not as pretty). This recipe (http://www.practicalpaleo.blogspot.com/2011/06/primal-fudge.html) is really good too. I used peanut butter and sweetened it with maple syrup. Yum!

• Amanda C says:

I made these today to freeze for when my baby comes — I know they will disappear QUICKLY. They are SO stinkin’ good.

• Rachel O. says:

Healthy, yummy, and easy. And there really is something truffle-y about them! Amazing recipe!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy