MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Good-For-You Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge

This Peanut Butter Fudge is a great way to splurge on a no-refined foods diet! It's freezer-friendly, healthy, and oh-SO delicious!

Are you looking for ways to satisfy your sweet tooth on a no-refined foods diet?

This recipe will hit the spot and become one of your favorite afternoon snacks. It’s the perfect pick-me-up — especially on a warm day!

This fudge is SO delicious, you won’t believe it’s actually good for you! 🙂

55 Comments

• charity crawford says:

those look SO good!

• YUM! I can’t wait to make this! I just made the energy bars you posted a while back and LOVE them!! 🙂

• Ashley says:

I don’t have any coconut oil on hand. Does anyone know of a good substitute?

• J says:

Crystal, I wonder what this would taste like without the chocolate? Have you ever made it that way?

• Bethany says:

I made the food babes recipe a while back but decided to reduce the coconut oil and mix everything together. We love it!

• Roxanne says:

By weight, this recipe is primarily peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Not much different than my craving buster when I don’t have anything sweet in the house –> dip a spoon in the peanut butter jar and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. We are never out of peanut butter or chocolate chips!

• Mary Cardwell says:

Where do you buy your Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips?

• joyce says:

i bought my first bags of enjoy life choc chips online, but since then i have seen them in one of our major chain grocery stores, in their gluten-free section.

• Crystal says:

Bethany: Oh yum! I love this idea — thanks for sharing!

• nicole says:

Love food babe

• Yummy! The coconut oil must give this an awesome texture! Gotta try it 🙂

• Amanda W. says:

I’ve tried using coconut oil in my cooking and I’ve hated it every time because I can’t stand coconut. What could you substitute for the coconut oil? I’m really wanting to make these because I’ve recently been diagnosed gluten intolerant and I’m desperate for gluten free sweets! =)

• Crystal says:

I think melted butter should work. You might reduce the salt, though.

• Jaci says:

Amanda – Tropical Traditions has a coconut oil that they say isn’t strong. Here is the blurb from the website: “Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil is the oil to use when you don’t want much flavor. It is a very bland oil, letting the flavors of the other foods it is cooked or used with blend and infuse each other without getting in the way. This is the best substitute for the common tasteless cooking oils (like refined vegetable oils), but all the coconut oils can pretty much be used interchangeably with other cooking oils. ”

Here’s the link to the product: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/expeller-pressed_coconut_oil.htm

Hope this helps!

• Heather says:

I go to a blog called “Chocolate Covered Katie” to look for tons of sweet treats our family can enjoy. My kids are gluten/dairy/egg free and the recipes we’ve found haven’t disappointed!

• lisa says:

As a registered dietitian I am not sure that I would label these “good for you” but they certainly look like a delicious treat, thanks for sharing the recipe.

• Crystal says:

Lisa: That’s probably because you and I might differ in our beliefs when it comes to “good fats” that are healthy for you.;)

Of course, I don’t recommend eating five of these every day, though! 🙂

• lisa says:

No disagreement here about these ingredients being healthy fats, but as a health professional I am cautious to label peanut butter fudge as a health food because many do use that as an excuse to over-indulge.

• kathy says:

Crystal, that I am afraid would be my problem. I love fudge.and peanut butter and from the freezer othen a hot day I am afraid would be my undoing! However I may make when I can share half with someone else. Sounds delicious! Also a bit off subject but I recently took a healthy cooking class and we made a fruit dip by mixing half peanut butter and half low fat yogurt ( we used strawberry ).. It was the.bomb! At home I even changed the proportion s to 1/4 peanut butter and still yummy.

• Amber says:

Just curious, why not?

• Erin says:

These sound delicious! I will definitely be trying these tonight. I’m curious if anyone has ever substituted the peanut butter for almond butter and if it’s any good?

• Jaci says:

I rarely have maple syrup in the house. Any suggestions of substitutions? Would honey work?

• Brandy says:

I made this today, it is so good!!

• julie says:

I was wondering if I could sub something different in for the coconut oil or just leave it out altogether?

• This looks really easy! And I have all the ingredients on hand! I will try this ASAP!

• Those look dangerous! I don’t think I would be too good about eating that very sparingly. Look out, thighs!

• Michele says:

I made this tonight and to me it tastes like frozen peanut butter. It tastes good, but when you evaluate the ingredients, it’s essentially peanut butter with oil and sweetener. Still, nothing wrong with cold peanut butter and chocolate chips in it, especially on a hot day.

• amanda says:

Crystal, I’d love for you to consider sharing a post about how you have handled your no-refined foods diet frugally. I’m always looking for more inspiration to heat healthfully on a budget.

• Kathy says:

Have you considered substituting Truvia in for the maple syrup? I need to be very careful with my sugar intake.

• Dana says:

Maybe it’s just my monitor, but it looks like there is something red sprinkled on top of some of those pieces in the photo. Is it just me? What is it?

• Jessica says:

These look & sound great! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Josh says:

This looks good. My wife and i have given up the refined foods as well and this looks like a good treat. We made the switch 2 months ago and have dropped 60 pounds between the two of us so far.

• Theresa says:

I wonder how this would work with PB2?

• I really enjoyed this fudge! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe.

• Nadine says:

Sounds great, but please tell me… 8×8 baking dish means 8×8 inches? Greetings from Germany (where we have centimeters 😉)!

• Nicole says:

So wait? Did I miss something?! So you don’t melt this fudge mixture, or boil or microwave-melt these ingredients together, at all? Can you, though? I just don’t think I would like the crunchy, lumpy texture of the unmelted chocolate chips in the fudge? I would love these ingredients together if they could be melted together into a smooth & creamy fugde texture. So can you melt the ingredients before freezing them?

• Susan McKey says:

Just made this and didn’t melt anything except the chocolate. Everything goes together very smoothly. I added dollops of melted chocolate on top and then swirled them with a knife.

• Cindy Brick says:

I must be one of the few people in the known universe who are allergic to sea salt… fortunately, I can handle a bit of it, because it’s used so often in restaurants and general cooking now. But ingest slightly larger amounts — my throat starts to close up, and I have trouble breathing.

Just sayin’. Otherwise, this sounds delicious!

• Joan Parker says:

Is the chocolate supposed to be melted before adding to the other ingredients?

• Brittany says:

Joan, the way I understand it, the chocolate chips are not supposed to be melted before adding to the other ingredients. You just mix them in as-is. After the fudge is in the pan, you can melt other chocolate chips to make the chocolate drizzle on the top like in Crystal’s picture. Enjoy!

• Lacey says:

Thanks for blessing us with this recipe, I love it! The fudge is a wonderful texture and rich enough that I can eat a little and not feel deprived of sweets. Awesome!

• Lacey says:

I forgot to say that the frozen chocolate chips kind of hurt my tooth with a filling, so next time I am going to just stick with the drizzle on top. Thanks again for sharing them with your readers! I always love the recipes you share!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy