Looking for frugal meal options? Julie from Frugally Blonde shows you how to make 8 freezer meals under $40 total.
I have always been a total pancake aficionado. I love pancakes, because you can almost always tweak the recipe to be wholesome and nutritious.
For as long as I can remember, pancakes have been a regular weekly breakfast item for us. I know what you’re thinking. Pancakes? On rushed weekday mornings?
Yes, absolutely! Because here’s a little secret…you can totally make pancakes ahead of time, freeze them, and pull them out for a tasty breakfast when you’re craving them — even on a busy morning!
That’s right. Pancakes don’t have to be saved for special weekend mornings anymore. 😉
Here are my 7 favorite Make-Ahead Freezer-Friendly Pancakes Recipes (and you might notice — ahem — how much we love chocolate chips in this household)…
If you add chocolate chips to this batter, you don’t even need to use syrup on it. But if you want to make these more amazing, smother them in syrup and lots of butter. And it’s a like a little piece of heaven on a plate!
2. Whole Wheat Chocolate Pancakes — This recipe was adapted from an old issue of Kiwi magazine, and our family loves it for a little twist on the usual pancakes!
3. Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes — If you’re looking for a wholesome and yummy pancakes recipe that doesn’t have any sweetener in it, this one is for you!
4. Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes — These pancakes are delicious straight from the griddle or served cold as a snack (well, our family might be the only people who thinks they are yummy cold, because we’re weird like that!). I usually triple the recipe so that we have plenty leftover to freeze.
5. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes — This is a hearty and yummy pancakes recipe that freezes and reheats really well, and I love the addition of pumpkin for something different!
6. Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes — I started making these for Jesse when he first started working out and had really ambitious fitness goals. They are packed with protein and have a nutritious punch!
7. Oatmeal Pecan Pancakes — This recipe comes from my sister Brigette. These pancakes are a little bit healthier and a whole lot heartier than traditional pancakes, making them especially yummy during the cold winter months. They are fairly simple to make, but the toasted pecans add that “special” factor.
A few tips on making pancakes…
Get yourself a griddle. Seriously, it makes pancake recipes SO much easier. You can whip up a huge batch for the family at one time! This one is a really great budget-friendly option — and it’s even on sale right now!
Not a fan of reheated pancakes (or eating them straight from the freezer the way we crazies do!)? Try this Make Ahead Pancake Batter method or this Homemade Baking Mix. These will at least takes a few steps out of the process, so that the mix is ready to go on those mornings you want pancakes.
Pancake making can be educational! It’s a fantastic and fun way to reinforce the shapes and sounds of letters with young children. We used to make Pancake Letters & Numbers all the time with our kids while they were growing up. And the best part? It’s really frugal!
Looking for other freezer-friendly recipe ideas? Try these:
- 9 Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Recipes to Simplify Your Mornings
- My Top 7 Favorite Freezer-Friendly Muffin Recipes (Plus Grain-Free Options!)
- 8 Delicious & Healthy Freezer-Friendly Snack Ideas
What are some of your family’s favorite pancake recipes? I’d love to hear!
Looking for some healthier, filling snack ideas to use as afternoon pick-me-ups or after school snacks for kids?
These have been some of our go-to healthy snack ideas over the years, and they all freeze beautifully…
1. Best Ever Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Bars — These bars are the bomb. What’s even more amazing is that they are packed with nutritional goodness.
There’s only one problem: it’s nearly impossible to eat just one. So if you’re trying to watch your calories, you might just skip over this post.
But for the rest of you, please do yourself favor and run to your kitchen and make these. You can thank me later. 😉
2. Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies — A healthier version of the traditional chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies? Bring it on!
You can add more coconut, quinoa, or oats if you want an even heartier cookie. These are perfect straight from the freezer.
3. Good-For-You Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge — I discovered this recipe years ago when I was on a no-refined foods diet, and it quickly became one of my favorite afternoon snacks. It’s the perfect pick-me-up — especially on a hot summer day!
4. Homemade Protein Bars — Back when I was doing P90X and eating lots of protein, I was determined to create a yummy, healthful, and nutritious protein bar from scratch. This was the result, and every single person in our family has dubbed as delicious!
5. Homemade Granola — This granola is crunchy and chunky and sweet and everything you could possibly want in a bowl of granola.
If you want a really big batch, this recipe doubles easily and can be stored in the freezer for months. Eat a bowlful of it as a breakfast treat, grab a handful of it for an afternoon pick-me-up, or sprinkle it on ice cream or yogurt… yum!
6. Quick & Easy Honey-Sweetened Truffles — This is by far one of my favorite healthy snack recipes. And it’s easy, too!
7. Easy Honey-Sweetened Energy Bars — I found this recipe online a few years ago and subbed a few things to make it sugar-free. I was really happy with the final recipe, and it’s so easily adaptable.
8. Homemade No-Bake Energy Bites — This recipe is delicious, packed with nutrition, and so easily adaptable. Warning: these are dangerously addictive eaten straight from the freezer!
What are some of your favorite healthy snack recipes? I’d love to hear!
Kelly from New Leaf Wellness put together a list of 12 Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals to Make in May. Her free download includes 12 printable recipes, a shopping list, and a meal planning calendar (editable).
Psst! Looking for even more freezer cooking meals? Be sure to check out the extensive New Leaf Wellness eCookbook Collection! It has something for everybody — even those with specific diets such as gluten-free, vegetarian, paleo, and more.
Kelly from New Leaf Wellness put together a list of 7 Whole30 Crockpot Freezer Meals in 1 Hour. Her free download includes 7 printable recipes and a grocery shopping list for all of the recipes.
Download a set of free printable Freezer Meal labels.