We have been posting Zulily deals on our site for close to a decade, so we are super saddened to see that yet another one of our favorite online retailers went out of business this year. We wanted you to know as soon as we had official word.
Zulily has officially closed
Zulily — another site we’ve regularly shared deals from over the years — has officially closed their business.
We received word through rumors about a month ago that Zulily might be winding down business by the end of the year. We are very committed to doing all we can to protect you and make sure the deals we post are legitimate, so out of precaution, we stopped posting Zulily deals immediately after we heard just to be on the safe side. But we wanted to wait until we heard something official before announcing the actual business closure.
As of last week, Zulily has officially shut down all operations and announced it on their site. They have entered a liquidation phase known as “An Assignment for the Benefit of Creators” — also known as ABC. It is an alternative to traditional bankruptcy. You can read more about it here.
What this means for Zulily customers
Thankfully, though it was still pretty sudden, Zulily didn’t just go dark without any explanation the way Jane did. They do outline some guidelines for customers on what to do about various orders, credits, and refunds:
- If you placed an order with Zulily and it has already shipped, you will still receive the item.
- If you placed an order with Zulily that has not yet shipped, you won’t receive the item. Your order will be canceled and you’ll receive a refund.
- If you placed an order and don’t receive it by January 22, 2024, it has most likely already been canceled and refunded — so be sure to check your bank account to make sure you received your refund.
- If you did not receive a refund, you’ll want to submit a claim through Zulily’s claims agent. You can find more info on how to do that HERE.
- Likewise, if you had any unused gift cards or credit, you can submit a claim for the lost funds to hopefully get reimbursed the money.
- The deadline to file all claims is June 14, 2024.
While there is no guarantee you’ll receive a refund or your credits/money, we’re holding out hope that Zulily plans to keep their word and follow through with what their website states on how to file claims and receive your money back.