I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our disclosure policy here.
I got some GREAT deals at Kroger this week. Unlike most weeks, where I run into Kroger a few different times as I’m driving by. This week, I only went to Kroger once… and I got quite a haul of groceries!
I was really excited about the Kroger chicken deal we posted that was available on Friday and Saturday only. I got 5 bags and stuck them in the freezer and we should have enough chicken to last us for the next few weeks.
Did you see this great deal on Simple Truth veggies? They are priced at $1.29 each and there is a $0.50/1 Kroger Digital Coupon that you can use up to five times per transaction. That makes these just $0.79 each for organic veggies!
And there’s also a great deal on Simple Truth veggies? They are priced at $1.49 each and there is a $0.50/1 Kroger Digital Coupon that you can use up to five times per transaction. That makes these just $0.99 each for organic tortilla chips!
I got a small cart at Kroger because I thought it would be plenty big enough to hold the groceries I was planning to buy. I guess I may have under-estimated the deals I was going to find! 😉
Kroger Shopping Trip
- 5 bags Simple Truth frozen veggies — $1.29 each, used $0.50/1 Kroger Digital Coupon (can be used 5 times per transaction) = $0.79 each
- 3 dozen cage-free brown eggs — marked down to $1.19 each
- 1 dozen medium eggs — marked down to $0.49 each
- 4 boxes of Special K Cereal — $1.50 (through 1/22) — used 2 $1/2 Kellogg’s Special K Cereals printable coupons = $1 each
+ submit $0.35/1 Kellogg’s Special K Cereal – Ibotta Rebate
- 1 Private Selections Pasta — $0.89, used $0.45 Kroger Digital Coupon = $0.44
- 1 Miracle Maize Corn Bread Mix — $1.85, used $1.50 Kroger Digital Coupon = $0.35
- 5 3-lb. bags of frozen chicken — $4.99 each
- 1 loaf of bread — marked down to $1.29
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls — marked down to $1.99
- 3 bags of apples — marked down to $0.99 per bag
- Organic Kale Mix — marked down to $2.99
- 2 bags of Kroger potatoes — marked down to $1 each
- 1 gallon water — $0.99
- 1 gallon of Vitamin D milk — $2.39
- 5 bags of Simple Truth organic tortilla chips — $1.49, used $0.50/1 Kroger Digital Coupon (can be used 5 times per transaction) = $0.99 each
- Total with tax = $60.97
Total spent on groceries: $60.97
Psst! Need some help with cutting your grocery budget? Check out my series: 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!