Jesse was so kind to go grocery shopping for us again this week as I had another very full week.(See our menu plan for this week here.) He spent $74.06 at ALDI. (Have you read my Open Letter to ALDI?)
Our Grocery Budget
We currently budget $125 per week for groceries for our family of 5. This does not include eating out once a week (we budget separately for that).
We also get some of our expensive groceries and personal products (such as makeup) via Amazon using credit earned from Swagbucks + we get the majority of our household products (cleaners, toothpaste, detergent, etc.) via credit earned from Grove.
We only spent $74.06, which leaves me wiggle room to buy more markdowns at Kroger if I have time to swing by there later this week to see if they have some great markdowns. If I don’t have time or they don’t have good markdowns, I’ll roll over the extra $$ to next week.
Here’s what we bought:
ALDI Shopping Trip
- 2 cans pineapple chunks — $0.99 each
- 3 bags frozen broccoli — $1.19 each
- Bread — $1.39
- 4 boxes mac & cheese — $0.33 each
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup — $0.89 each
- 3 packages cheddar cheese — $1.89 each
- Organic brown rice — $2.99
- 1 bag Fuji apples — $3.89
- 2 bags frozen chicken breasts — $5.99 each
- 1 box Cinnamon Squares (not pictured) — $1.39
- 2 packages of strawberries — $2.49
- 2 packages of Mini Babybels — $2.79
- Brown sugar — $1.29
- Butter — $2.89
- Honey Nut Cheerios (not pictured) — $2.69
- 2 packages of Cream cheese — $1.29 each
- String cheese — $2.79
- Tortillas — $1.29
- 1 bag Granny Smith apples — $2.99
- Ketchup — $1.49
- Strawberry preserves — $1.79
- Natural Peanut Butter — $1.49
- Frozen Sweet corn — $0.95
- Granny Smith Apples — $2.99
- Cocoa Puff Cereal — $1.39
- Total with tax — $74.06 (Plus, don’t forget that when you shop at ALDI — or any grocery store — you can upload your receipt to Yaarlo & earned a little cashback for doing so. If you haven’t signed up with Yaarlo, use my coupon code MONEYSAVINGMOM when you sign up to earn more.)
This Week’s Menu Plan
Interested in what we’re eating this week? You can see our menu plan for this week here. I plan our menu based upon what we already have on hand, so I didn’t have to buy every single item needed to make everything on our menu.
Struggling with menu planning? Check out this post on How to Be a Meal Planning Mama.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!