Need some quick and easy protein snack ideas? Here are 30 tried and true ideas that require very little time and effort!
One of the things that has helped me be more functional this pregnancy is making myself eat some type of quick protein snack every few hours — even when I was very nauseous and it was the last thing I felt like doing! I’ve found that protein snacks give me more energy and actually (usually!) makes me feel less nauseous to make sure that I don’t have an empty stomach.
I mentioned this idea of eating quick protein snacks on my Instagram account, and someone said they struggled to come up with quick protein ideas. So yesterday, I asked my followers to share their favorite quick and easy protein snack ideas. I compiled the following list based upon their suggestions and some of my favorite ideas.
30 Quick and Easy Protein Snack Ideas
- Hard Boiled Eggs — Make a bunch of hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot and keep them in the fridge. You can also mashed them with some mayo, mustard, and salt/pepper and spread on toast.
- Scrambled Eggs — I like to put a little cottage cheese in them while they are cooking + top them with a little cheese.
- Cheese Cubes and Almonds
- Beef Jerky
- Rotisserie Chicken — Buy it and keep it in the fridge. You can eat it cold or warm it up!
- Epic Bars
- Tuna — The grab and go packets are especially easy!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Wasa Crackers or Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter
- Lara Protein Bars
- Lunch Meat with a Dill Pickle
- Hummus and Veggies
- Mixed Nuts
- Trail Mix
- Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Nuggets
- Cheese Sticks
- Energy Bites
- Cashew Butter with Apples or Bananas
- Greek Yogurt
- Cottage Cheese
- Nut Thin Crackers with Cheese or Peanut Butter
- Bean and Cheese Burritos
- Beef or Turkey Sticks
- Turkey Pepperoni
- Collagen — You can mix it into your coffee or tea and it’s tasteless
- Kodiak Cakes Frozen Waffles with Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Milk
- Greek Yogurt Parfait
- Justin’s Nut Butter Packets
- Applegate Chicken & Maple Sausages
What other quick and easy protein ideas would you add to this list?