Welcome to my weekly post I share a peek into our lives, talk about things I’m loving, share links to interesting articles or helpful ideas I’ve collected throughout the past week, and just talk about whatever is on my heart! ?
(Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
This week was full of freezer cooking…
Helping Silas finish up his 4th quarter project and speech for Presentation Day…
(There’s the happy boy who is done with his speech and with school for the year!)
Getting our library finished… (and realizing that I can totally not be such a minimalist about books now that we have space for them!!!)
Ordering photos for our living room frames… (they’ve only been sitting there empty for 2.5 months… I’m pretty proud of myself for getting this crossed off my list because these types of projects usually take me forever to actually follow through with — even though it’s something that literally took me maybe 3 minutes to actually do! Why do I procrastinate on this stuff??)
Admiring these amazing flowers that Jesse got me for Mother’s Day… (Did you know that if you put a penny at the bottom of a vase of tulips it will make them stand up and not droop?? I just learned this from a reader this past week!)
Listening to this song on repeat…
Laughing at this that a friend sent to me…
How was YOUR week last week?
2018 Goals Update
1. Read 100 non-self-help books that will build me up/encourage me/inspire me/recharge me. (Fiction/story-driven/biographies/inspirational living books/devotionals.) See the list of 44 books I plan to read this year.
**Progress: 21 books read so far this year
2. Read through the entire Bible.
**Progress: I’m using the Robert Murray M’Cheyne plan and am all caught up— yay!
3. Write one handwritten note to someone every week.
**Progress: 23 notes written so far this year
4. Run 500 miles.
**Progress: 168 miles run so far
5. Go on an overnight trip with Jesse without the kids.Jesse and I went to NYC together in January.
6. Read 10 books aloud with the kids.
**Progress: I’ve finished one book so far.
7. Take the kids to South Africa.
**Progress: We bought our tickets!
8. Go on a family road trip.
**Progress: We’ve been researching and planning for some road trips we want to take this summer. Stay tuned!
9. Save up to pay cash to finish off an office for me and workout room for Jesse and me in the basement in our new house.
**Progress: We started finishing out the workout room this past week.
10. Replenish our Emergency Fund (we dipped into it to replace my car when it got totaled because of the carpet beetle infestation.)
11. Increase our gross income from the business by 8%.
12. Launch 5 new courses.
**Progress: We launched 4 Weeks to a More Productive Life launched in January, Content Creation 101 in February, 4-Week Blog Coaching Program in March, Email List Setup 101 in March, and Make Over Your Mornings LIVE in April.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!