Believe it or not, as far as I can remember, I’ve never made Breakfast Cookies. So when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it.
Of course, I ended up tweaking it because we didn’t have all of the ingredients on hand. 🙂
And I was super happy with how my tweaked version turned out. They are delicious, healthy, and filling!
Here are the details on how I re-did the recipe:
Homemade Breakfast Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups oats (I used whole oats because that’s what I had. The original recipe calls for quick oats or said you could coarsely grind whole oats in the blender or food processor.)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients together. Drop onto greased cookie sheet and flatten the tops slightly (cookies won’t rise or spread when they bake).
Bake at 325 degrees for 15-16 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool completely and store in an airtight container or freeze in a freezer bag.
Makes 12-15 cookies.
Recipe adapted slightly from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Have you ever made Breakfast Cookies? What do you put in yours?
Do you want to take better control of your grocery budget? If so, you’ll want to read my newest eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget!
This eBook will give you all the tips, tricks, and practical advice you need to create a grocery budget tailored to your family’s needs that you can actually STICK to (because that’s the key!)
In this eBook, you’ll learn:
- How to create a grocery budget that fits your family’s needs and your finances!
- New systems to help you keep track of what you spend at the store!
- How to actually stick with your new budget and save money for years to come!
- Ways to save up to $50 off your grocery bill THIS WEEK by using the 10 simple strategies outlined in this eBook!
Read to get started? Just use the form below to sign up!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!