September 5, 2020 |
If you have kids interested in music, this is such a fun freebie!
Download a FREE Beginning Music Course for kids!
This Beginning Music course is filled with fun activities that start your child in learning about Notes, Notes Values, and Simple Rhythms.
No experience is required on the part of the parent or Child.
September 5, 2020 |
This looks like a great at-home educational math resources!
Download this set of free printable Math Manipulatives that can be used at home or in the classroom!
September 5, 2020 |
This looks like a fun fall activity for kids!
Download a free printable Fall Scavenger Hunt for kids!
August 29, 2020 |
Don’t miss this free Bible studies!
If you have a preteen, don’t miss this free Bible studies available right now!
Choose from over 15 different studies!
Just sort by lowest price first to see all the freebies.
August 12, 2020 |
You don’t want to miss this exclusive FREE 30-day trial to Monarch Homeschool Online Curriculum! (And be sure to check out all these free educational programs available for kids right now, plus the free homeschool curriculum we post each week!)
(Note: This post is sponsored by Alpha Omega Publications. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Looking for an Online Homeschool Curriculum?
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use online homeschool curriculum for the new school year, then you’ll definitely want to check out this offer for a FREE 30-day trial to Monarch Homeschool Online Curriculum!
(Scroll to the bottom of this post for the exclusive coupon code for this deal!)
What I Love About Monarch Homeschool Curriculum
We used this curriculum for two years while we were homeschooling and there were SO many great things about it:
- There are four budget-friendly plans to choose from. Monarch is perfect for frugal homeschooling families. Pay as you go for a budget-friendly approach to homeschooling or save even more when you purchase a yearly plan. Both options are available for an individual student or the whole family.
- It’s flexible. No matter the time, place, or your child’s preferred pace, Monarch lets homeschoolers study when and how it is convenient for them. Monarch is globally available 24/7 for PC or Mac. This was great for us, since we love to travel so much! It allowed us to take school with us on the road or even on a plane! You can also customize your subscription to your benefit.
- It’s interesting & fun. For kids who don’t have great attention spans, Monarch switches things up to make it fun and interactive. In addition to textbook-style learning, they break things up with videos, interactive quizzes, audio lessons, and games to play (these were favorites at our house!).
- Students can work at their own pace. You can mix and match grade levels and customize curriculum for each individual child! Kids can move on to the next grade without having to buy any new curriculum or pay an additional fee. For example, Silas struggled with reading but excelled in math, so he was able to work ahead in math! You have online access to over 50 courses for grades 3 through 12 in their five main subjects (history and geography, math, science, language arts, and Bible), plus over 115 electives!
- Automated grading frees up your teaching time for other important tasks. Record-keeping is easy and feedback is instant. Monarch stores all student data digitally and automatically grades 85% of student work.
- It makes homeschool organization a breeze. You can view and print daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly grade reports. Monarch Homeschool also securely stores all records for seven years after a child finishes the program. Samples of work and past grades are effortlessly accessible!
- It allows for shorter and diverse homeschool days. Because of its self-paced features, excellent organization, and automated grading, actual curriculum learning time doesn’t take nearly as long each day — leaving a lot more room for hands-on or experiential learning, extracurriculars, creative play, or real-world career experience! And it makes it super easy for parents, because they don’t have to plan lessons!
- Students build professional communication skills every day. Monarch’s built-in messaging system provides students with an opportunity to practice virtual communication skills as they encounter questions or concerns while completing coursework.
- It provides immediate access to the latest information. As history happens and technology advances from day to day, you don’t have to wait around for software updates. You can update Monarch Homeschool Online Curriculum any time, providing your child with constant access to the most up-to-date information.
If you’re looking for something different and fresh for your homeschool curriculum this year, then definitely scroll down to the bottom of this post to get a FREE no-strings-attached trial to Monarch Homeschool!
How to Use an Online Curriculum Well
If you’re new to using online homeschool curriculum with your kids, here are some helpful tips to help you get the most out of a program like Monarch:
1. Implement regular check ins.
The more involved you are as a parent with any curriculum, the more successful your child will be. This is especially important with an online curriculum like Monarch where kids can easily work ahead and potentially rush through the curriculum. With Monarch, you can put a block on an assignment or assessment that requires the child to check in with you before proceeding. Implementing these regular checks can save you the work of reassigning a whole unit that your child blazed through too quickly.
2. If possible, have a computer dedicated to learning.
We live in a technological world with a lot of online distractions. Having a dedicated space for learning helps kids focus and reduces both external and online distractions.
3. Incorporate hands-on, real-life activities.
Hands-on activities and tangible learning opportunities like field trips are so valuable no matter what type of curriculum you use! And that’s why Monarch is so great! It allows for shorter, self-paced homeschool days — leaving a lot more room for hands-on or experiential learning, extracurriculars, creative play, or real-world career experience.
4. Break up the screen time.
Kids get bored sitting in front of a screen for hours, and breaking up the screen time can really help the learning process. You can still fill the breaks with active learning doing read-alouds, hands-on activities, experiential learning and play outside, plus more!
Try Monarch Homeschool Online Curriculum for FREE!
Interested in trying Monarch? Right now, MSM readers can get an exclusive FREE 30-day trial!
Just use coupon code MON30MSM in the promo code box during the sign-up process to get this deal — no credit card required.
This is a great opportunity to try it out and see if it’s a good fit for your child!
August 10, 2020 |
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here
Get an ABCmouse FREE trial right now for 30 days! This is a great opportunity to try it out at no cost and see if it’s a good fit for your child!
Psst! Don’t miss this BIG list of other free educational programs available for kids right now!.
Looking for some supplemental education for the new school year? Or a program that makes it easy for younger kids to learn at home? Check out ABCmouse with this free trial!!
ABCmouse Free Trial
ABCmouse.com — an online Early Learning Academy that specializes in full online curriculum for children ages 2 to 8 — is offering a FREE 30-day trial right now!
You’ll need to provide a credit card number to take advantage of the free trial. If you wish to continue with the service after a month, you’ll be billed at $9.95 per month.
If you do not wish to continue with the service, be sure to cancel your subscription before the free trial is up so that you avoid credit card charges. It’s very easy to cancel at any time by logging in and clicking “my account.”
What do you get with ABCmouse?
When you sign up for this free trial, you’ll get access to their full online curriculum program for an entire month — which includes multiple subjects like reading, math, science, and art. You can use the program on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Each child’s progress is completely individualized with over 850 lessons across 10 different levels. With ABCmouse, learning is varied with animations, games, puzzles, songs, art, books, printables, and more!
But the best part is that a subscription allows you access for up to three children per household!
Psst! If you’d like to try this program for longer than a month, you can also take advantage of this lowest price ABCmouse discount on an annual subscription!