I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our disclosure policy here.
Look what I found at Kroger today?? Whole milk marked down to $1.99!! I haven’t seen whole milk marked down in a long time and it’s the only kind of milk we usually buy.
(I know some of you only pay $2 per gallon all the time, but here in this area, I never see milk that cheap unless it’s marked down.)
I also picked up this FREE Hormel Compleats meal which one of my kids was SO excited about. These kinds of meals always look super unappetizing to me… but my kids apparently disagree! 🙂
(Psst! If you have a Kroger or Kroger affiliate, go grab your coupon for a FREE Hormel Compleats Meal.)
Friday Kroger Shopping Trip
- Kroger Instant Oatmeal — $1.49, used $0.40/1 coupon Kroger sent me in the mail = $1.09 after coupon
- Takis — $1.49 when you buy 5 participating items
- 2 packages Keebler cookies — $1.49 each, used $1/2 coupon Kroger sent me in the mail = $0.99 each after the coupon
- Gillette Shave Gel — $0.99 when you buy 5 participating items
- Nature’s Own Bread — $1.99 when you buy 5 participating items
- 1 yogurt — marked down to $0.29
- 3 caramel apples — marked down to $0.25 each
- 2 Yoplait Oui yogurts — marked down to $0.79 each
- Brown Rice — $0.89
- Hormel Compleats Meal — FREE with Free Friday Digital coupon
- 1 bag of potatoes — marked down to $0.99
- 1 bag of 4 apples — marked down to $0.99
- Kroger milk — marked down to $1.99
- 4 tubs of Oscar Mayer turkey — on closeout for $2.09 each
- Total with tax: $24.94
What I’ve Spent So Far This Week
Total I’ve Spend So Far This Week: $58.15
Total Left to Spend: $11.85
How much do you spend for a gallon of milk and where do you live? I’d love to hear!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!