MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

I found whole milk marked down to $1.99!!

I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).

For live updates, be sure to follow my Instagram Stories. See all posts on my $70 Grocery Budget here.

Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our disclosure policy here.

Look what I found at Kroger today?? Whole milk marked down to $1.99!! I haven’t seen whole milk marked down in a long time and it’s the only kind of milk we usually buy.

(I know some of you only pay $2 per gallon all the time, but here in this area, I never see milk that cheap unless it’s marked down.)

I also picked up this FREE Hormel Compleats meal which one of my kids was SO excited about. These kinds of meals always look super unappetizing to me… but my kids apparently disagree! 🙂

(Psst! If you have a Kroger or Kroger affiliate, go grab your coupon for a FREE Hormel Compleats Meal.)

Friday Kroger Shopping Trip

What I’ve Spent So Far This Week

Total I’ve Spend So Far This Week: $58.15

Total Left to Spend: $11.85

Cashback Earned This Week: 170 points from Fetch Rewards for buying Oscar Mayer + scanning another receipt + $0.25 back from Ibotta for scanning a receipt

How much do you spend for a gallon of milk and where do you live? I’d love to hear!

55 Comments

• Becky says:

Milk in AZ is usually $1.99-$2.85 gallon.

• Diane says:

On sale for 2 dollars with limit of 2, or at aldi 2.35-2.65.

• Alissa says:

Whole milk in West Virginia is $1.49 in pretty much every store.

• Kim Hanners says:

I just went to a Louisville Kroger about an hour from home and milk was $1.19/gallon all types.

• Jen says:

I’ve been paying $1.19 a gallon at Kroger in Indiana.

• Melinda says:

Milk is $1.06 at Aldi and Walmart.

• Jennifer says:

Milk is around $4 a gallon at every store here in Pennsylvania

• Amanda says:

That’s how much we used to pay for milk in Pennsylvania! It’s only $2 for whole milk here in Virginia ( at Aldi), and we go through 4 gallons a week!

• Shelly says:

I have a store coupon to get a gallon of whole milk for $1.99 at Safeway. At Kroger, it would be $2.99 we are in Oregon.

I also loaded the completes coupon and I was happy to see that Safeway is now offering a few items when loaded onto your shopper’s card, this week it cups of canned fruit.

I’m hoping to get out tomorrow and get the deals.

• Anna says:

In my last town near Des Moines it was always $3.40-$3.60 for whole. Just moving 1.5 hours away, it is now $2.20 for whole. Southwest Michigan prices are ridiculous–around $1 a gallon because of price wars!

• kim says:

We don’t drink a lot of milk, we use it mostly for cooking or making kefir, some drinking. Our family of 9 goes through maybe 1 gal./week. Since we are able to, we buy raw milk, which only comes whole, and pay (choke, caugh) $8.29/gal. at the store where we buy our meat. If we drive a few more miles to the dairy, we can buy the same milk for $6.75/gal with the option of pre-paying for 10 gallons and getting the 11th for free. I honestly don’t know how much regular milk sells for – I want to say that costco here (in w. washington) sells it for $4-5 for 2 gallons?

• Jessica says:

The Hormel looks gross to me too lol.
    But I’m going to grab it and donate to the food pantry. I always do that with freebie Friday items that I don’t want. Figure they are free and will get good use that way 🙂

• Erica says:

The price is $3.50 or so for rock bottom discount store whole milk but usually we buy milk by a local dairy in the grocery store (Clover Farms in Sonoma County, CA) and it’s 5.99 a gallon. We go through 3 gallons a week. (teenagers!). West coast prices are just higher and we budget for it. I like to keep it local when I can.

• Lea says:

Where I am in the upper Midwest, it’s about $4/gallon for 2% (no idea what whole milk sells for since we drink 2%). Sales can take it down to $2/$2.50 or so. I rarely buy the sale milk since it tends to be off brand which, here, has fillers (which we don’t like) so we often buy the local name-brand. I consider it a good value because we actually drink it!

Lea

• Erika B says:

It’s $3.49-$4.99 a gallon here in WA even at the Commissary! But Organic or Grass Fed is about $3.49 a half gallon and with our exchange student were are going through about 8 or 9 half gallons! 😱

But I know last time I was back in HI it was $5.49-$6.99 a gallon!

Crystal is this a weekly budget?

Blessings to all and have a great weekend

• Jennifer says:

Whole milk is $3.99-4.29 in Orlando. Sometimes Walgreens and CVS have it for $2.99. No Kroger here, so that is a great deal.

• Loyce Wright says:

Here in Texas we pay about $3.45 a gallon. Sometimes our local Braun’s store has them 2 for $5.00.

• Amy says:

Milk has been .98-.99 cents per gallon in Northwest OH at Wal-Mart. Aldi fluctuates a little and is usually just over a dollar.

• Erin says:

Milk is always right around $3.50 to $3.65 a gallon here in our small town in Nebraska. Most of my 4 kids are grown now, but just a few years ago when I was buying 7-8 gallons a week I figured that I spent over $2,000 a year just on milk! Even though I try to be very frugal in my shopping, milk is a non-negotiable at our house. We would be thrilled to find any even around $3 a gallon!

• Rebecca says:

$2.50 (Costco) just under $3 (other stores) Seattle area

• Kandice says:

I had been paying .99 at Aldi for quite a while but it’s recently gone up. I paid 1.19 today. (KY)

• Sandy says:

Waterloo, Iowa here. I am able to find 1% milk for $1.70-1.80 at Walmart or Aldi. Next is convenience store bagged milk at 1.04 per 1/2 gal. Grocery strores are charging 2.99-3.50

• Joy in Alabama says:

.98 at Aldi in Alabama for whole milk.

• Wendi says:

We pay about $1.79 per gallon at Aldi’s here in Michigan.

• Linda says:

A gallon is 3.25 here in central Pennsylvania. We can easily go through 4 gallons a week

• Jay Kay says:

I live in the middle of the number 2 dairy county in the COUNTRY (central Ca) and I pay about $3 a gallon for 1% milk! Whole milk is a little more. I always like to see the prices you and your sisters pay for groceries…so much cheaper than here!

• Melissa says:

I’m paying $4 a gallon in Florida. 😣 Everything foodwise is expensive. No Aldi or Costco either. Total bummer!

• Tammi says:

I’m in a small town in Indiana, and our Aldi has mild for .97! It was .89 a couple weeks ago but went back up! They also sell 1/2 gallons of chocolate milk for .58 We get that as a treat sometimes 🙂

• Rebecca says:

In Pensacola, FL, Milk is $2.99 at CVS (reg. price, goes on sale regularly for $2.79), Walmart is $3.39, and Publix is $3.69. I buy milk at CVS so much, that if I happen to go in for sale things and DON’T buy milk, some of the regular cashiers will comment, “No milk today?”

• Emily F. says:

Cincinnati, OH and Kroger is $2.19 but often on sale for &1.99. Aldi is usually under $2.

• Debra says:

We pay $5 a gallon here on Hawaii.
    Moved here from Nebraska where we were paying $1.59 or less a gallon.
    The prices you pay for living in paradise!

• Jennifer says:

I am a little north of Cincinnati, Ohio and whole milk here has been $1.99 for awhile. Sometimes on sale for $1.59-1.69.

• Diane says:

It’s $3.68 per gallon at a nearby Walmart here in North Dakota. This is farm country, so I’m surprised it’s so much more expensive here than what many of you pay.

• Heather says:

NJ here
    Whole Milk is $2.99 a gallon at Aldi
    Friendly Farms Organic Milk is $2.99 a half gallon

• Mary says:

In Pennsylvania, the Milk Marketing Board sets the price, so it is the same in every store in your zone. It averages about $3.60.

• Sara says:

Here is Southern California, a gallon of organic milk costs between $5.99 – $7.99 a gallon. We only buy organic because for some reason, which I can’t figure out, regular milk tears up our stomach, but organic milk does not. It’s worth the extra $ for us!

• Lisa says:

Here in Greenville, SC; I pay $1.22 for a gallon at the Walmart Neighborhood Market that’s close to my house. I buy the cheap stuff. The price varies by store, brand, organic vs. non-organic. If I drive about 45 minutes to the other end of my county, I will pay $4.25 for better milk at a farm.

• K~ says:

~ $4.50 (CAD) for 4L here in Edmonton, AB, Canada.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy