MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

The Go to Bed Early Challenge: Want to join me??

Go to Bed Early Challenge: Want to join me?

So many of you said that you really wanted to join me for the Get Up Early Challenge, but you that you needed a Go to Bed Early Challenge first.

Well, guess what? Starting on Monday, we’re doing a Go to Bed Early Challenge. I need this challenge myself, as I discovered with the Get Up Early Challenge. Because it’s so much easier to get up early and have a great day if I’ve gone to bed at a decent hour the night before!

How Will It Work?

I’m going to aim to be in bed asleep no later than 10 p.m. Sunday night through Thursday night (I’m going to give myself a pass to stay up a little later on Fridays and Saturdays!). In order to make this happen, it means I need to wind down by 9 p.m. and be in bed no later than 9:30 p.m.

I want to continue on with my habit of getting up early, too, so I’ll be posting an update on Instagram every morning around 6 a.m. and blogging between 6:30 a.m. and 7 a.m. CT with a little update on what time I went to bed, what time I got up, and how the Go to Bed Early Challenge is going. You all are going to serve as my accountability partners in this.

Would You Like to Join Me?

If you’d like to join me, here’s what I’d love for you to do:

1. Choose what time is realistic for you to go to bed every evening and get up every morning. Please be sure you’re getting enough sleep and it’s a time that works for your unique needs and family situation.
  2. Leave a comment on this post letting me know that you’re in and what time you’ve chosen.
  3. Check in on my daily morning post and leave a comment to let me know how you are doing with getting up early. I’m excited to all be encouraging each other in this endeavor!

Go-to-Bed-Challenge-Horizontal

Want some extra accountability? You can sign up for the Go To Bed Challenge that my friend, Beth, is doing. She’s the one who inspired me to do this in the first place and you can sign up for 21 days of encouraging emails from her — for FREE!

182 Comments

• Stephanie says:

This is great! My goal is to be in bed between 9-9:30pm so that I can read and then my husband & I can watch a show together or just have some quality time to talk. I want to get up 3-4 times a week at 5am to go workout before work. I would also like to incorporate meditation one of the days.

• Jennifer says:

9:30 bed time and 10:30 asleep time. 6:30 wake up

• Claire says:

Hi! This is so great! I work from home, and I do that best in the mornings, so going to bed early is a must if I want to stay productive. My goal is to get int bed around 9:30 and be asleep by 10pm at the latest. I’m usually up by 5am, so this will help me get 7 hours of sleep each night. My work week is Tuesday-Saturday, so I want to get in bed early Monday-Friday.

• Joleen says:

I could really use the accountability and encouragement on this one! I’d like to be in my room preparing for bed and the next day by 9:30 and lights out at 10:30.

• Elizabeth says:

I’m in! I plan to be in bed asleep by 10:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday. My goal is to be up by 6 a.m. giving me a minimum of 7.5 hours of sleep.

• Ben S says:

My goal is to be in bed by 10:30 and asleep by 11pm. Then I should be able to wake up at 7am. Normal is about an hour later but I think a challenge to shift my schedule will be great.

• Hetal says:

Hope I am not too late dear. I got to know about this challenge from your instagram feed. And I am joining you because going to bed early is a major challenge for me and I want to create a breakthrough in this area for a long long time. I guess with you and others I can do it. Usually I sleep at 1am 😛 Bad..Bad.. But enough. So to make a realistic goal, I will go to bed at 11pm now. Let’s see..please support me.

Love n Light..

• Frances Moreno says:

My hope is to be in bed by 9:30pm and HOPEFULLY asleep by 10pm. This will give me time to read and wind down! This schedule gives me plenty of time to sleep and get up at 5am to start my day!

• Diane says:

Day 2 – I didn’t get to bed at 11 pm…still hard for me to turn off my computer and television at 10 pm…but did get in by 11:30 so I’m making progress…My new mantra is “Go. to. bed. Diane!!!”

• Jenna says:

This is awesome! I have been trying to find a way to go to bed early for so long. I know it will make a huge difference in my health. My poor husband wakes up at 4:30 every morning, so he doesn’t get much sleep during the week. This will benefit him as well because I am the one keeping him up. :/

5:00 pm Start Dinner
    6:00 pm Dinner
    7:30 pm Kids to bed (reading time)
    8:00 pm Kids lights out
    8:30 pm In bed
    9:00 pm Asleep

6:00 am Wake up and exercise
    6:30 am Wake up kids

• Jeremy says:

OK, I’ll try for trying to sleep by 11:15 and up by 5:30.

• Tammy says:

I had a migraine yesterday, so I am all out of sorts, so I am back on track now.

• Missy says:

I’m shooting to be in bed by 9:30 each night with lights out at 10. I’ve been doing really well this week and hope to carry it over to next week!

• Pamela says:

I am wondering if there are any moms of teens doing this?? I don’t know if I can put myself to bed and trust that they will go to bed at a decent time. Any tips out there?

• Sarah says:

As teens they should be taking on more of their own responsibility for their actions. Put yourself to bed. Remind them off their expected wake up time and rest well. In the morning, if they didn’t manage their responsibility well, commiserate with them and kick them out the door to school or their other obligations. Don’t enable them in making their choice your responsibility. Won’t take many days until they figure out what a reasonable bedtime is for their bodies. Tough love maybe. I call it a teaching moment 🙂

• Sarah says:

Life long insomniac and at 50 (in 4 days) I’m again trying to flip my days. Last night was the first night I’ve been able to get to sleep before 430a (go me!). 2a down and out and back up at 7a with my alarm. Got more done today than I have in months. Now it’s 8p and I’m actually winding down a little. Going to jump in a shower and call my day done and try to be down by midnight. I can hope. 730a appointment with a new doc tomorrow and it’d be great to not be a zombie.
    Thanks for the challenge Crystal. I’m slow but I’m coming along.
    Hugs

• Genie says:

Just discovered this. ….what a great idea! I work 10-6 with an almost hour commute so I’d love to be able to change that and get in early so I can get home earlier. I feel like I have no time to get stuff done so I stay up way late and then drag in the AM. 9:30 to bed, 10:30 asleep or at least lights put, Kindle down!

• Suzanne says:

I’m in! I’ve been trying to go to bed earlier, by 10:00 but my daughter gets home from work at 9:30 and that is the only time I get to see her during the week. Hopefully this will give me a push!

• Noemi Alvarado says:

I’m planning to be in bed by 9:30, watch a show with my hubby or read a book. Go to asleep by 10:30 the latest. I will be waking up @ 6am before everyone wakes up to do morning prayer or exercise. Looking forward to finally getting some sleep!!

• Sandra says:

Is it too late to join the Challenge? Even as I’m typing this I’m fighting the idea inside. But I have to make a change for the sake of my dear husband and sweet little ones. Okay, so here’s my plan: wind down at 9:00, in bed by 9:30, lights out at 10:00.

• Dawn of MD says:

I had a small fall the other day that resulted in a pinched nerve in my neck. Last night and tonight’s going to bed schedules are out the window. Falling asleep when there seems to be no position free of pain is daunting at best. Tomorrow is a new day!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy