MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Spaghizza Recipe

This budget-friendly, freezable recipe will soon be a favorite at your house! This fun twist on spaghetti and pizza is sure to please kids, too!

Guest post from Brigette Shevy

This budget-friendly, freezable recipe is a favorite at our house! It’s a unique twist on pizza and spaghetti that’s simple to put together and can be made up ahead of time. I often serve this when we have company with small children… and it always goes over well.

When I got married, I was given a copy of the family cookbook from my husband’s family – with all kinds of relatives contributing their favorites. This is my version of a recipe I discovered in that collection. It’s an easy recipe to be creative with. Try using different cheese combinations, switching out the spaghetti noodles for another kind of pasta, or adding your favorite pizza toppings in place of the pepperoni. I’ve also made this with brown rice pasta to make it gluten-free. It just depends on what you like – and what you have on hand.

Since I started having my children take turns planning and helping me make dinner on Friday evenings, Spaghizza shows up quite regularly at our dinner table on Friday night.
If you’re looking for a new recipe that’s made from staple ingredients, is simple to make, and picky-eater-appealing… here you go!

Brigette is a full-time wife and mother who is blessed with three amazing bundles of energy (ages 6, 4, and 2). She enjoys music, experimenting in the kitchen, homeschooling her children, finding great deals, long-distance running, and anything chocolate.

52 Comments

• Carrie says:

Brigette,

Is it almost like a lasagna? It looks great.

• Brigette says:

A little bit like lasagna, but without the cottage cheese/ricotta cheese/egg mixture (and with pepperoni)… Much easier and cheaper to make, too. 🙂

• Becca says:

This looks soo yummy!

• This is really cool! I’ll have to try it. My son would get a kick out of this. It would be really good with pizza sauce instead of spaghetti sauce I bet!

• Brigette says:

Oh, absolutely use pizza sauce! I actually almost always use my homemade sauce, which never turns out exactly the same since I don’t follow a recipe – but it might be closer to pizza sauce anyway. If your son is anything like my kiddos, he will love it. 🙂

• amy k says:

One of our faves! We call it baked spaghetti! 🙂

• Krysten says:

Yes, we call it Baked Spaghetti, and my mom calls it Pizza-topped Spaghetti. This recipe is different than what I do, though, so I may try it one night for something a bit different.

• Mary G says:

This looks really good. Thanks for sharing it!

• melissa says:

Oh, my mouth is watering looking at all that melted cheese! Printing this right now…

• Charity says:

Brigette,
    So many of your recipes are making their way into our meal rotations. Love new recipes and ideas for meals. You’re just the best! 🙂

I’d love to freeze some of these for after baby’s arrival, so, do I need to bake them first, or just assemble and freeze? Thanks!

• Amy R says:

This would be a great recipe to “sneak” some veggies into. Shredded zucchini could be mixed in with the spaghetti with very little change to taste or texture.

• Heather says:

You can also make it with spaghetti squash! It’s not a very frugal meal that way, but a great way to eat tons of healthy vegetables without even really realizing it! It is sooooooo good with spaghetti squash.

• Angie says:

The pictures inspire me. It looks yummy! I’ve gotta try this.

• april says:

I’ve read it a couple times and it sounds great…but when do you add the milk/egg mixture?

• Mindi says:

This is very similar to an old family recipe that we have, we just use macaroni and pizza sauce instead = Macaroni Pizza!

• LovinSavin says:

Enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing. I love easy meals with ingredients I had most of.

• Angela says:

Just pulled it out of the oven and it smells so good! I think with my oven this would have been done at 20 minutes. I didn’t check/pulled it out at 24 minutes, and it is crispy brown (but still looks yummy:)). Thanks so much for the recipe!

• Nicole says:

thank you for this recipe! We just made it and it was great! My kids ate it all up 🙂

• Janelle says:

Made this tonight for supper, and my toddler twins had three helpings! Thanks for a new recipe to work into the rotation! 🙂

• Angela says:

Made this for dinner tonight, it was great, the whole family loved it! Will be making this again!

• Bree says:

YUM! I made this tonight and loved it! It’s going into my cookbook. Many thanks!

• Alison says:

My family loved this! I will make it again but next time I will probably add a little more seasoning and some salt to the egg mixture.

• April says:

This was delicious, thank you! My husband and I are pizza fanatics and this curbed our craving for overpriced pie. I did use turkey pepperoni and threw in a chopped green pepper so we would feel a little better about this “kid-friendly” dish 🙂

• Marissa says:

Great looking recipe! I wanted to make something like this with my friend, but is it imperative that we mix the spaghetti with the eggs? What will happen if we do not use eggs?

• Theresa says:

This is such a great recipe. I made it with spaghetti squash in place of the noodles since my doctor has me eliminating wheat currently. SO good! My kids couldn’t even tell they weren’t eating noodles. Of course, the pepperoni and cheese were the perfect way to dress up extra vegetables

• Wynnde says:

Will the 8 oz of noodles feed a family of 5? We eat a lot…or should I say my husband does! Haha

• Rachel says:

This recipe was awesome. Really easy and lasagna but not as heavy, the egg gives you the ricotta texture. So easy for substitutions too! Had extra rigatoni and penne so subbed that. Used a little too much pasta so added an extra egg and a touch more milk. The only suggestion I would make is to slice up the pepperoni into halves or smaller pieces so it’s easier to cut through. So good!

• Katie says:

I just came across this recipe in my pins. How far ahead of time could I make this? I am wanting to put it together tonight, bake tomorrow. Also how would you go about freezing it?

• Bethany says:

I am excited to try this tomorrow. I will be trying it with ground beef:)

• Erinw says:

How long and what temp should I use once it’s frozen?
    Thank you!

• Talita de Jongh says:

OOH MY gash! this was sooo delicious!!!!

• Jennifer says:

Where do you place the eggs and milk? Trying to figure that out.

• Hannah says:

How long is this still good in the freezer? Have a baby on the way- aka no kids yet! But I know my husband would be all about this recipe for the time being =P

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy