Homemade Breakfast Cookies

Homemade Breakfast Cookies

Believe it or not, as far as I can remember, I’ve never made Breakfast Cookies. So when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it.

Of course, I ended up tweaking it because we didn’t have all of the ingredients on hand. :)

And I was super happy with how my tweaked version turned out. They are delicious, healthy, and filling!

Here are the details on how I re-did the recipe:

Have you ever made Breakfast Cookies? What do you put in yours?

Comments

1. Nancy says

I love to add flax seed and some soy protein powder. I will try the recipe above and change it up a little . Thank you for all the great posts.

I make breakfast cookies often, our current favorite version contains bran and whole wheat flour with a handful of chocolate chips and dried cranberries. I made the recipe up by combining 2 different ones I found online since I too didn’t have all the ingredients either recipe called for.

3. lisa says

so … did you chop up your whole oats or leave them as is?? I often use my organic thick rolled oats….??

4. Angela says

Apple butter is hard to come by where I live does anyone know something cheep and available I can use as substitute?

5. Mandi says

Our favorite breakfast cookies actually have cheese and bacon in them. We are eating the left overs this morning. It may be at the top of our list for all time favorite breakfasts!

6. Karen says

Mandi, looks like both Barbara and I would like to get your “cookie” version. Thanks in advance

7. Jenn says

2 bananas and 1c oats (any kind, quick or just old fashioned) is the recipe I just remember now when I make these, this 2:1 ratio eliminates the need for any honey, then I add carob chips, flax seed, a pinch of salt, and a shake of cinnamon, mix all together add some more oats if needed and bake for 12min at 350. Easy peasy :) And this is super duper easy to customize

8. Karolina says

Hi – Thank you for posting this I made them and they turned out great! I have a question though.. Can this dough be frozen? or refrigerated for a couple of days prior to baking?

Oh my, these look absolutely scrumptious! I’m trying out a detox program at the moment, meaning I’m avoiding all forms of sugar for a month. Might try a little modification, swapping the honey and chocolate chips for some more dried fruits. I’ll let you know how I go! :)

10. Christine says

Oddly, my kids did not like these but my husband and I loved them. I froze them in individual snack bags and found that they are great for right after the gym when you are starving. Very filling! I throw a frozen one in my gym bag in the morning and they are perfect by the time I come out.