31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Swagbucks (Day 2)

31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas

Welcome to October’s series on 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas. In this series, I’m highlighting simple and legitimate ways you can earn extra cash in the next three months for those of you who could use a little extra cash to help you pay for Christmas — or just for your living expenses if you’re in a tight spot right now.

If you’ve found a great way to make extra cash before Christmas that doesn’t require an outlay of cash upfront, please email me your tip. I’d love to hear it and possibly share it during this series!

Idea #2: Earn Gift Cards From Swagbucks

If you’ve read my blog at all, you know I’m a big fan of Swagbucks. And you probably signed up a long time ago and have been earning gift cards ever since.

For the handful of you who have yet to sign up for Swagbucks or for the many others who have signed up but feel like you’re not earning much from it, this post is for you.

What Is Swagbucks?

Swagbucks is a search engine that rewards you with Swagbucks for searching. You can use it just like Google (though I still like Google better) for searching and you will be randomly awarded Swagbucks for searching, usually around five to 10 Swagbucks once or twice each day.

These Swagbucks can then be redeemed for a variety of different free items, such as Amazon gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, and much more.

While Swagbucks started out as solely a search engine, over the past few years, they’ve morphed into much more. In fact, they now offer many different ways to earn more Swagbucks making it much easier to earn enough Swagbucks to cash in on their prizes. Some of the most popular ways to earn Swagbucks are doing online searches, signing up for offers, printing coupons, completing special offers, or taking polls.

When I first heard about Swagbucks, I was a little leery because it sounded too good to be true. But I went ahead and tried it — and after earning multiple gift cards every month for the past two years, I’m here to tell you that it’s not too good to be true. Swagbucks works!

I’ve earned many gift cards plus some electronics from them since I’ve been using them for the last few years. In fact, we were able to lavishly bless our families with Christmas gifts this year thanks, in large part, to the gift cards I’d accumulated through Swagbucks.

And I’m not alone. I know dozens of friends who’ve also had great success with Swagbucks — earning at least a gift card or two every month and sometimes much more than that.

Here’s what Andi emailed me today:

I started using Swagbucks at the end of 2010 and since then, I have earned $325 in Amazon Gift Cards. Last year, I bought all of my husband Christmas gifts, and a few gifts for the Grandparents. This year we have used it mostly for “extras” that I didn’t want to pay for, but really wanted to have (aka: my blow money). I normally earn $5-10 a month in gift cards — and I don’t have any referrals under me. I simply search on my laptop and my Android. -Andi

And Alicia Hansen posted this on my Facebook Page today:

Last year, I started about this time and saved enough up to pay for my daughter’s Skylanders game for Christmas  for $60. I’ve also saved up at least another $100 in Amazon gift cards, a $50 Paypal gift card and the most important one, a $100 Southwest gift card that I used to get my daughter here for the summer. I’ve slowed down since the summer but I am hoping to have enough to get at least a $50 Southwest card to help bring my daughter here for Christmas. It’s made a huge difference! -Alicia

How Do You Get Started Earning With Swagbucks?

Just sign up for a free Swagbucks account. Once you’re signed up, I encourage you to read through my 15 Ways to Earn More Swagbucks series and pick a few different options of ways to earn. Experiment with different ones until you determine the ones that works best for you.

I encourage you to set an earnings goal each day and try to login and hit that, if possible. If you can even just put in 5 to 15 minutes each day, it can really start to add up! I loved what Megan posted on my Facebook Page that she does:

If you earn the $5 Amazon cards it usually is the most bang for your buck. You only need to earn 15 SB in a day to earn $5 in Amazon gift cards each month (these are 450 Swagbucks). So if that was all I did, I would easily have $30 to help out with Christmas with six months of savings. I have found that watching (usually with the sound off) about 30 seconds on 10 videos on Swagbucks TV is a fast way to earn bucks… in addition to doing the daily poll, noso, and using the toolbar. In about 10 minutes of your day, 15 Swagbucks is pretty doable. We have a tight budget, so the 10-15 minutes a day is worth it for us. I have several little kids so can’t commit much time or energy to it, but every little bit helps and has worked for our family. I am able to catch codes and such while I’m at work too and with searches usually earn well over the 15 Swagbucks each day. -Megan

Do You Have To Refer People To Make It Worth Your Time?

Swagbucks has a great referral program: you’ll earn matching Swagbucks (buck for buck) for the first 1,000 Swagbucks anyone you refer earns. Obviously, this is a fantastic way to increase your earnings — and one way that has helped me earn quite a few more Swagbucks over the years.

If you try Swagbucks and it works well for you, be sure to share your referral link with your friends or write a post about it on your blog. Don’t keep a good thing to yourself.

That said, you can still earn a decent amount with Swagbucks even if you have no referrals at all. I outline how you can earn 15 Swagbucks each day in less than 5 minutes per day here.

How Much Can You Earn?

You can easily earn $5 per month in Amazon gift cards with almost no effort. However, if you want to earn more in a shorter time period, I highly recommend checking out Swagbucks TV — especially if you spend a lot of time working on the internet every day. You can increase your earnings significantly by watching Swagbucks TV each day while you’re working online — or through their smartphone apps.

In addition, if you have friends you know who would love to try out Swagbucks, by referring them in the next few weeks and helping them be successful, you’re likely going to significantly increase your Swagbucks earnings, too. And this will result in more gift cards for you to use toward Christmas gifts!

I’ve earned over $75 this year through Swagbucks and I honestly don’t even spend three minutes a day earning points. Not too shabby when I combine this with earning by taking surveys with Mindfield Online as well as programs like MyPoints and Treasure Trooper! You can follow my Swagbucks progress on my weekly Swagbucks Christmas 2012 Savings Challenge posts on my blog each Wednesday. -Theresa

How Do You Redeem Your Swagbucks?

Once you’ve earned enough Swagbucks to cash in for a gift card, you just log into your account and request your gift card. You’ll have to confirm your request and then your gift card will show up in your account within a few weeks.

There are dozens of different gift cards to choose from but I’d recommend going for the $5 Amazon gift cards for 450 Swagbucks each. This is the best deal and you can use an unlimited number of Amazon gift cards per order on Amazon.

I’d love to hear your experiences with Swagbucks! Tell us your secrets to maximizing your earnings, give us the scoop on how much you’ve earned so far, and share any insider tips you’ve uncovered. Let’s help each other be more successful in earning free gift cards to use toward Christmas this year!

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Other posts in the 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas series

1. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Jingit (Day 1)
  2. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Swagbucks (Day 2)
  3. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: SuperPoints (Day 3)
  4. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Amazon's Trade-In Program (Day 4)
  5. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Become a Virtual Call Center Agent (Day 5)
  6. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Bing Rewards (Day 7)
  7. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Become a Mystery Shopper (Day 8)
  8. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Make Money Selling Your Used Books (Day 9)
  9. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Become an Online Tutor (Day 10)
  10. 31 Days to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Fiverr (Day 11)
  11. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Online Surveys (Day 12)
  12. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: 4 Proven Ways to Make Money Blogging (Day 13)
  13. 31 Days to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Write for Revenue-Sharing Sites (Day 14)
  14. 31 Ways to Earn Cash Before Christmas: Have an Autumn Food Stand (Day 15)
  15. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Have a Garage Sale (Day 16)
  16. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Listia.com (Day 17)
  17. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Market Research and Focus Groups (Day 18)
  18. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Mom's Mornings Out Services (Day 19)
  19. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Pet-Sitting (Day 20)
  20. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Usability Testing for Websites (Day 21)
  21. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: oDesk (Day 22)
  22. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Sell Items on Facebook (Day 23)
  23. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Answer Questions Online (Day 24)
  24. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Sell Items on Etsy (Day 25)
  25. 31 Ways to Earn Cash Before Christmas: Start Your Own Cleaning Business (Day 26)
  26. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Sell on Craigslist (Day 27)
  27. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Income Before Christmas: Donate Plasma (Day 28)
  28. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Selling on Consignment (Day 29)
  29. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: 9 Ways to Get Christmas Gifts for Free (Day 30)
  30. 31 Ways to Earn Extra Cash Before Christmas: Flipping the Coin (Day 31)

Comments

I set up a SwagBucks account a few months ago but never really got into it. I am going to have to check out some of these tips.

2. Cris says

I consider myself a low swagbucks earner as I don’t have any referrals (tried to get some people to sign up, one did but didn’t use much) and I too agree that one $5 amazon gift card a month is very doable. As of my last redemption it’s been 17 days and I already earned 361 points. And this seems to be a slow month for me, the searches have given me low points lately.

I mostly do searches, NOSO, daily poll, print coupons, watch videos (with the sound off) and as of the past few moth I started checking my messages which many times gives you good earning opportunities for little work. The coupons are a great way to earn as they give 10 points per coupon printed thru them, it justtakes a little long to start getting them.

Yes! I never print Coupons.com coupons from their site…I always print from Swagbucks’ site. Nice to get a little bonus for a coupon I’ll use anyways.

Love using Swag Bucks! I routinely match deep Amazon sales with my $5 Amazon gift cards (450 Swag Bucks) which help in stretching our dollars. My favorite part about Swag Bucks is that it is easy. I use the Swag Bucks toolbar to make searching quick and easy which is using time wisely.

4. Becky says

One year I had $80 in amazon cards to use at Christmas! Last year I used them here and there and didn’t save up as well, but I think I had $30 for last Christmas. Working towards this Christmas now.

I am also a huge fan and supporter of Swagbucks. I’ve made $55 in Swagbucks giftcards so far this year, $20 of which was in September… and I completely forgot about it from April through June so I think I could have already made a lot more if I’d remembered!

I followed your link to swagbucks and signed up. I’m having fun with it now but let me tell you.. it was a pain getting logged in. I kept trying and it finally worked. I don’t know if it just took a little bit for it to completely finish registering or what.

After I signed up it flashed that I had made 30 SB and then returned me to the registration page. When I tried to log in nothing happened. I thought maybe the registration didn’t take so I tried to enter again and it said my email was used. About 5 minutes (and about to give up) it logged in and I was good to go.

At the moment, I’m watching the Swagbucks TV while doing house work. When one finishes and as I’m walking by the computer, I just click another. Totally do-able. Thanks for the link!

This is my 3rd year using swagbucks. Overall I’ve earned about $265 in amazon cards using it. I kind of slacked up a bit this year, and I can really tell based on my earnings. (or lack thereof). I’ve tried to impress upon friends how much of a difference it can make, but most of them don’t get it it. Oh well, it really helps to stretch my Christmas budget.

8. JP says

Thanks for your post Crystal. It’s a neat idea.

I particularly like that mothers and fathers who are already online each day can earn some income for that time.

I wonder however how much can be gained by instead of surfing the web during that time investing in yourself. $5 a month is frankly not that much. Even $100 a year is a small amount.

Instead make something and sell it on Etsy for example. Take the same time and invest in an online course that can get your certification for a part time job.

Again, great idea if you’re leveraging time you’re already spending online. I just feel that there may be better ways to focus your energy (if you have the flexibility of course!).

Thanks again for the post.

I definitely agree that there are many other ways that you can earn more return for your investment of time — once you’ve put in a lot of time to build up that online business! However, if you’re just getting started, don’t have a business built up, don’t have much wiggle room at all in your budget, and you could use some extra cash for Christmas (or another purchase), Swagbucks is definitely worth your time!

$100 or $200 per year isn’t that much, but it can be a huge blessing when things are really tight!

By the way, this series is just focusing on things you can do to earn extra money/gift cards before Christmas. If you’re looking for something to make more long-term, residual income, be sure to check out my series on How to Significantly Increase Your Income Without Working More:

• JP says

Crystal – thanks for your response. You make a good point how Sawbucks may be a good option for people looking to start small or make a few extra bucks while on a tight budget.

Thanks for pointing me to your series about significantly increasing your income. I’ll definitely check it out!

• Meme says

JP~as someone who is disabled and can’t work or start a business because your sick or in the hospital all the time let me say that swagbucks for me is investing in me. Its something I can do when I feel up to it and also makes me feel better about myself. I hate seeing my husband work so hard to provide for us and we still barely get by and watching his frustration and stress level be insane and knowing that there is really nothing I can do to help. It makes me feel so helpless and frustrated. Swagbucks has helped me feel like I’m at least contributing a little something to our household, given me something productive to do when I can’t get out of bed for days on end (to sick) and hey if I can get FREE money all the better.

• JP says

Meme –

Thanks for your response to my comment. You brought a perspective that I wasn’t initially thinking of. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

In college I helped lead a group that improved access for people with physical disabilities around campus. I learned from that experience that trivial items in my life were large obstacles in theirs, that items I often brushed off provided many of my friends with a great deal of satisfaction and fulfillment. At times I forget this perspective :).

I’m curious, any other tips or tricks that you use to earn some funds on the side?

• Meme says

Not many other ones that I’ve tried have been to successful as far as actual real “money” I coupon when I’m up to it so that helps a bit. I’ve tried doing surveys but rarely actually qualify for them because of the demographic I’m in. A few things I do though that helps stretch the “money”
          1. Is sign-up for freebies often times they come with high value coupons! Or can be full sized products. If you do this don’t make the mistake I did and use your main email lots of the freebies come with news letters/emails and you can get spammed however they are nice because I can glance through them and find upcoming freebies and excellent high value coupons ( I also sign-up a few of my mommy friends who don’t have the time to do it. Because of our income I can’t give like I would like to but find that this is a way to be a small blessing to some friends.)
          2. I sign-up for store emails like rite-aid and walgreens. Every few months or so I get offers for free photos normally 8×10 as long as I choose in store pick-up it makes them completely free then I’ll pickup a cute frame at like the dollar tree. Most of my family loves photos so I give them as gifts they don’t know nor need to know that it only cost me $1.
          3. My in-laws drink a ton of diet coke ( I drink it too if I get it on sale works better on my migraines than the medicines) so I have them save their lids/code part of the box and do the mycokerewards thing then redeem the points for gifts. They have a ton of really good year long magazine subscriptions for about 200-300 points I think. There again they make great gifts. You can get points on the water and powerades as well. Pepsi products just started their own program like this.
          4. I often put together gift baskets out of cheap/free couponing or freebie stuff I’ve gotten. Kinda like the ones you pay a fortune for at like hickory farms.

I know all this isn’t technically money or income but it does help to stretch the paycheck a little bit and makes birthdays and holidays a little less stressful. I wasn’t trying to sound mean or preachy in my earlier response just wanted to basically say its all in your perception of things. For example we are moving into a new place on friday the biggest thing I’m happy about is having a dishwasher. We’ve never had one before. For most people thats not a big deal but since its hard for me to stand more than 5 minutes at a time this is a huge blessing.

• JP says

Meme –

Thanks for your post and many helpful ideas. Wow, you are creative! I love it. You have so many different ways that you can contribute and I’m sure your family is noticing the efforts. Well done!

So a couple quirky points first:

- I just got a dishwasher in my new place. It’s awesome! I cooked some breakfast for dinner the other night and threw my pots in the dishwasher and boom, they were clean. Amazing.

- My mother drank diet coke for years. She calls it the breakfast of champions. She gave it up for lent once. It was an ‘interesting’ time for the family ;).

I particularly like your point about helping friends in the way that you can. Often times its the small things that have nothing to do with money that make those strong connections in friendship.

Keep up the great work and enjoy the new place. And thanks for opening my own eyes to a new perspective. It’s much appreciated!

• Andrea says

There are zero start-up costs for Swagbucks. Not so with an Etsy business! From experience, Etsy is so over-saturated with talent that it is a tough place to make money these days.

9. Whit says

I’m surprised no one has mentioned my Offers that Credit Facebook page! It is a HUGE help for increasing your daily earnings and a very active community. Everyone posts what offers worked for them, what requirements were needed, etc. facebook.com/SwagbucksOffersThatCredit.

10. Alison says

I quit using swagbucks because the search was so terrible compared to Google. I could never find what I was looking for in a timely manner. Also, I once did the free auto quote for several points. Over 2 years later I’m still getting almost daily calls from companies. I have have asked them to remove me from the list every time. But I still get calls!

I definitely like Google better, but it doesn’t pay me to search. ;)

And I don’t recommend doing anything that is a free quote or asks for your phone number. Also, if you do any of the offers, make sure that you use a secondary email address to prevent spam to your main account.

I’d encourage you to check out some of the other ways to earn with Swagbucks; it’s fun and it can really start adding up!

I use the swagbucks search and search for google when I want a better answer than what the swagbucks search engine gives me ;)

11. Michelle says

Honestly, I use it at work for searching, and when I bring my lunch, I play the games over lunch (you get 2 bucks for every 2 games, up to 10 bucks). We don’t typically get people together for lunch, so I figure I might as well play on my lunch hour and get something for it! :) (Side note – If your company doesn’t like you to use a site like Swagbucks for searching, I recommend signing up for a Bing account. You can search on Bing, and you’ll get 1 point for every 2 searches, up to 15 points a day.)

12. Meme says

I’ve been doing swagbucks for about 2 years now. Last year all except one gift was paid for by amazon gift cards but I took a look at your post for 15 swagbucks daily a refresher/reminder of how to earn is always nice. You mentioned the games in your post and someones comment about entering the tournaments and earning 100-200 swagbucks to win. However I’ve found that entering the tournaments costs swagbucks but I’m not good enough to win but I still get up to 10 swagbucks a day playing the games for free. For every 2 games I play I get 2 swagbucks up to 10 in a day. There are several on there that are timed and only a minute long or you can just click on one and immediately die and lose and get those swagbucks faster.

13. mary says

I have never used Swagbucks, but I do use a site called Mypoints.com. I have been a member there since 2008, and have earned 68,333 points. Most $25 gift cards can be redemmed for around 3,500 points (they also offer ones for $10 and increase in value from there). They mail you the gift cards. While it does take time for some points to go from pending to usable, I have redemmed many gift cards (food, clothing…) through Mypoints. You earn points through buying online through the mypoint site, surveys, referrals, and daily emails that advertise different merchants!

• Jiya says

You can boost your swagbucks earnings by quite a bit if you hit the daily goal (daily goal meter is on the swagbucks first page). You get bonus bucks for hitting the daily goal, plus more for 7, 14, 21 or more consecutive days hitting the goal. The surveys give a lot of points, plus swagbucks tv adds up pretty well. I’m able to cash out for $25 in Amazon gift certificates (the monthly maximum for the $5 gift certificates), plus every few months I have enough for something more. Bing is also good, but earnings at Bing are capped at 15 points a day from searches plus daily bonuses.

• Jiya says

Oops, didn’t realize I was replying to a particular post! This was meant to be a general post.

I love Swagbucks! I signed up a few years ago and have stuck with it. Last year, when I had the referral points from my father (who also loves it), I was able to cash in for $100 in Amazon gift cards. This year, so far I’ve cashed in for $55 worth, still not bad at all! I don’t do too many of the extras, just searching, daily polls, NOSO, the toolbar that nets 1 pt per day, printing coupons, and occasional special offers and videos. I don’t spend much time on there each day, but the points add up fairly quickly. I recently tried out their new shop and earn program. I spent $40 on a couple of Christmas presents (which were on a good sale), and will get 210 swagbucks later this month (long delay so that you can’t just return the stuff and get the swagbucks). What we’ve done is to use the gift cards on odds and ends, and credit our Christmas gift account from the other budget categories. That way we “save” for Christmas and don’t have to get everything on Amazon. :)

15. Missy G. says

I L.O.V.E. Swagbucks!! So far this year, I’ve earned $405 in gift cards to Amazon, Lowe’s, CVS, and iTunes. And that’s not counting the 3 more $5 Amazon cards that I’ve ordered this month. I max out my 5 Amazon cards every month, then wait for good Braggable Bargains in the SwagStore. Since I joined in 2010, I’ve earned $750. Yes, I went back to add it all up. :)

It’s definitely worth it for me, but I sit at a computer most of the day anyway. I probably get the bulk of my bucks from the SB mobile app, Swagbucks TV, videos, trusted surveys, and the bonuses/contests that they randomly run. If you have an Android with WiFi, definitely get the mobile app. That’s 50 swagbucks a day if you max out.

I’ve only had 3 referrals, and only one maxed out on the 1000 bucks. I think that it is a good option for bloggers who reach more people, but I feel it’s kinda weird through facebook or email to promote Swagbucks.

Missy – I recently got an Android. Can you explain more how I can earn up to 50 SB per day with the mobile app? Thank you!

• Missy G. says

Yes, go here to download the app: http://www.swagbucks.com/p/sbtv-mobile

Every 5 videos that you watch, you earn 2 swagbucks, up to 50 per day. I definitely recommend the comedy videos, as most of them last under a minute. You do have to endure ads, but it’s really not bad at all. Sometimes you have to watch it to make sure it’s not frozen on an ad, but that usually just requires a tap.

I turn my volume all the way down to mute it, and then play videos while I’m watching tv, doing dishes, cooking, whatever. Oh, and the reason that I mentioned needing wireless connection is because the app uses A LOT of data. Hope this helps!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this 31 Days series! I had considered doing a $500 in 31 Days series…but I’m not that creative :o) I am going to try everything in your series and see how much I can save for Christmas this year.

You are so welcome! I hope you’re able to be successful at many of them so you can save a lot for Christmas — and maybe beyond Christmas!

17. nurseteri says

I used my swagbucks earlier this year for 5.00 gift cards from Amazon. I watched swag videos for extra points. I saved up the 5.00 amazon gift cards and waited for Amazon to have a great deal on Kindle Fire . I was able to get a Kindle Fire for around 35.00 ! Love Swagbucks.

18. Jen says

I am a HUGE fan of Swagbucks. I joined in November 2009 and have earned $750 in gift cards (primarily Amazon.com)! I sit at a computer all day for work and will use it for searches. At home, in the evenings after my daughter is in bed, I will play on my laptop.

I made it my goal in August to achieve all of the daily goal bonuses. I did it, but it was not so much fun. In September, if I met the daily goal, great. If not, no big deal. Any extra bucks are welcomed!

19. Delores says

I joined, but this stupid box keeps telling me to like them on Facebook, which of course I have done, but it keeps telling me (even after seeing my pic with the others that “like” their page) that I do not “like” them, and the box will not go away.. UGH.. what do I do now???

• Delores says

sorry forgot to add, the box will not go away either, so it is right in the middle of the screen :( I am so excited to try this, but can’t even get past this part :(

20. Toni says

Swagbucks is awesome. I take time each day to spend on the site. I don’t do as much as I used to but since February of last year, I have redeemed enough swagbucks to earn about $280 in amazon.com gift cards.

21. Kelly says

I love SwagBucks. In about 8 months, I earned enough for about $150 in Amazon cards- enough to buy me a new digital camera for nothing out of pocket!

I do the daily easy things- toolbar, poll, NOSO, searches, and check my inbox for extra offers each day. If I have extra time, I’ll do special offers (usually the easy click-through and video ones), play some games (my husband ‘helps out’ by doing that!), or take surveys. I easily earn $5-$10 a month for minutes a day. Like any other site, what you get out of it is related to what you put in!

22. Meme says

Thanks for the refresh because of it I was able to meet my daily goal and get the extra swagbucks.

23. Heidi Meier says

How do I find the mobile apps? Is there one for the iphone? Love Swagbucks it is just one of the main tools that help us follow the Dave Ramsey plan to become debt free!

I “joined” netflix which I will cancel in three days (set an alarm on my phone) and got 1300 points!!

:) With my other swagbucks, that is three amazon gift cards!

Yay!

25. Kate says

I signed up for Swagbucks through this blog ONE month ago exactly, and so far have earned 3 $5 Amazon gift cards! And I made a purchase today on Drugstore.com (the only site I buy online from other than Amazon) that will earn me 456 SBs, enough for another $5 gift card! I recently became a SAHM to my 2 year old and 4 month old, and things have been tight, so I’ve been doing what I can to help contribute to the Christmas celebration fund. With the homemade gifts I’ve been making, and my Amazon cash, I’ll be helping out a lot more than I thought I would!!

• Tara says

I did Swagbucks a couple years ago and found that it really slowed down my computer and once I downloaded the toolbar, I got a lot of spam popups on my computer. I mean constantly, about every 3-5 seconds. I’d like to try Swagbucks again, but am hesitant to download this on the new laptop we just recently purchased. Anyone else have this kind of trouble?

26. Vanessa Mills says

Thanks for the great suggestion. I signed up for swagbucks the day you published this article and I have already earn 915 points, enough for 2 $5 Amazon.com gift cards! The best part is that I can do this while I work as I am on the computer all day and it is fun! Thanks for helping me get my swag on!