I was going through old photos earlier this week and discovered this photo — it’s of my husband and I and our daughter Kathrynne in the early years of our marriage. My husband was in law school, I was trying to help us stay afloat and stay out of debt by making money online, and we were both trying to figure this parenting thing out.
Those years were simple, but stressful. We didn’t have any extra money so that kept life very, very simple. And sometimes we miss those days.
But at the same time, life was stressful because we never knew how we were going to manage to pay our bills each month. We ate a lot of beans, we stayed home a lot, and we prayed a lot!
I look back on those years and realize that we learned so much and grew so much as a result of them. It was hard. It was stretching. But we learned to be creative, to be content, and to think outside the box. And it was those character traits that laid the foundation for the successful businesses that we have today.
I loved getting to reminisce on those years in my new book, Money-Making Mom. I share some of the stories from when I was a child and the lessons my parents taught me, as well as the lessons my husband and I learned early on when we were first starting an online business.
We didn’t have a clue. We made so many mistakes. And we look back and wonder, “What were we thinking??”
But little bit by little bit, we started to discover a few things that worked. We’d make $1 here and $3 there. And then $10 here and $20 there.
The little trickles became a stream that became a river that became a rushing torrent.
All because we didn’t give up. We kept going when it felt discouraging. We kept pressing on through mistake after mistake. And we kept learning and growing.
And I’m so thrilled to have the opportunity to share more in-depth than I ever have before in my new book, Money-Making Mom: How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make a Difference.
This book is for you if you are:
- Struggling with getting a business off the ground.
- Wishing you could find a mentor to hold your hand.
- Wondering whether there’s a way for you to earn more
- Hoping to find better work-life balance
- Or wanting to use your gifts to make a difference
It’s the manual I wish I had had when I started my very first online business 10 years ago. It’s practical, inspirational, and relatable.
Pre-Order By November 2 & Get These Bonuses!!
If you’ve not ordered a copy yet, you’ll want to do so today because for the next few days only (through November 2, 2015), you’ll get the following when you pre-order:
- Make Over Your Calendar: 7 Day Online Course—a comprehensive course to teach you how to simplify, streamline, and organize your daily schedule & to-do’s.
- My Top 10 Favorite Productivity Tools Tip Sheet—a printable PDF with links and information on all my favorite tools for better time management.
- An Exclusive Live Q&A Call—an invitation to join me for a special Q&A call to ask any of your Money-Making Mom questions
So what are you waiting for? Go order your book here — and grab your free bonuses while you can! They are only available until November 2.
And I hope that you have an amazing story in 5 or 10 years from now as a result of reading this book! I can’t wait to hear it and I’ll be cheering you all the way!