Homemade Breadsticks in the Bread Machine

Homemade Breadsticks in the Bread Machine

It was below 90 degrees in Kansas yesterday so I was so excited it was cool enough to bake! And I whipped up a batch of Homemade Breadsticks in the Bread Machine.

These are SO easy to make — and absolutely delicious, too. If you haven’t tried this recipe yet, I highly recommend it. Here’s my slight adaption of the original recipe:

Comments

1. Deane says

These look delicious! I just want to clarify- my bread machine dough cycle includes rise time- Do you take it out after mixing and allow to rise on the cookie sheet or do you punch it down and let it rise for a second time on the cookie sheet?

• Becky says

I’m just guessing here, but I think she is using a shorter setting. My machine has two dough settings — one is 45 minutes and the other is at least double that. I always use the shorter of the two when I make dough because any recipe I use always calls for a reshaping of the dough and then rising time.

I’ve always wanted a bread machine, but I am obsessed with fresh bread, so I would probably gain a thousand pounds if I were able to make bread on a daily basis. These breadsticks do look good though…

• Lana says

It seems like you would eat bread like crazy but you don’t if homemade is all you ever have. It becomes the normal, everyday bread. There are just two of us and I usually only make one loaf a week.

I have a recipe for italian breadsticks that I make that is similar to this recipe. Everyone in our family really likes it. I will have to give this breadstick recipe a try but not this week. It is supposed to be over 100 degrees later this week so I will have to wait until it cools down a little to be baking.
    Thanks for sharing this recipe. Looks like you have a good little helper.

4. Charity says

This recipe is a family favorite of ours! So easy and so delicious!! I usually brush them with butter when they come out of the oven and then sprinkle half with garlic powder and Parmesan and the other half with cinnamon and sugar. :)

5. Katie says

Crystal, what do you use for sandwiches? Homemade or store bought? Also I have noticed that unless eaten fresh the homemade bread isn’t very good. Is there any way to not eat so much?

We typically use storebought bread for sandwiches. Mostly because I can usually get pretty high-quality bread marked down to $1 per loaf. I just stick it in the freezer and use it as we need it.

• Kathy says

Katie, I find homemade bread freezes nicely. After the first day, I slice and freeze the rest, and take out piece by piece after that.

6. Dana says

I’ve been making these breadsticks for a while now, and we LOVE LOVE LOVE them! They’re so nice and fluffy inside. Also works great with whole wheat flour!

7. Cindy says

I have always wanted a bread machine but I never knew if it was worth the money or what kind to get. Do you really use your bread machine alot and what kind would you all recommend? Thanks

8. michelle says

going to give these a try. The weather is nice here Kansas today almost cooled.
    Thanks for sharing
    Michelle

9. Dionne says

I noticed that you used regular flour instead of bread flour. All the recipes that are in my machine booklet call for bread flour. Should I give regular flour a try?

10. Crystal Redmon says

I don’ have a bread machine, would the sponge method or the all at once method work better?

• Bernadette says

I don’t have a bread machine either, so I used the sponge method to get the yeast to rise. Turned out great!

11. Bernadette says

I made these in my stand mixer, let the dough rise, and then formed them into hamburger buns and let the buns rise again. (I skipped the butter, garlic and parm). They turned out delish! Too bad I didn’t make a double batch,since my kids ate them fresh from the oven and we almost didn’t have any left for dinner!