This Week’s Menu

Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

So, my ambitious plans to do a lot of freezer cooking last week pretty well fell flat on their face. I did make the scone mixes, but that was it. A number of unexpected things came up last week and I was just doing good to get dinner on the table each night.

So, I’m going to try again this week and see how much process I make. I guess that’s one advantage to starting early with my Christmas baking!

I’m planning to make one to two items every night while I’m cooking dinner each night. Hopefully, I’ll make it through my list by the end of the week. We’ll see!

Breakfasts

Granola bars
Toasted bagels, scrambled eggs
Steel cut oats with dried cranberries
Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal
Waffles, scrambled eggs
Oatmeal
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls, scrambled eggs, fruit salad

Lunches

Lunch at Subway
PB&J, carrot sticks, apple slices
Annie’s macaroni & cheese, peas, pears
Black beans and rice, carrot sticks, pear slices
Tossed salad with hard-boiled eggs, feta cheese, and dried cranberries
Leftovers x 2

Snacks

Fruit/veggies
Cheese/crackers

Homemade Pizza in Less Than 30 Minutes

Dinners

Baked fish, twice-baked potatoes, steamed broccoli
Hamburgers, tater tots, green beans, pear slices
Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche with Brown Rice Crust, fruit salad, Bread Machine Buttery Rolls
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole, steamed veggies
Homemade Pizza in Less Than 30 Minutes, carrot sticks, pear slices
Dinner with extended family

Freezer Cooking

Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche with Brown Rice Crust
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Slow Cooker Black Beans
Biscuit Dough for Brown Sugar Biscuit Twists
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
Whole-Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

My attempts to make a menu (and pretty much accomplish anything) this week, were sidetracked by an order of bedrest for placenta previa…this being the first week my entire pregnancy I haven’t had severe morning sickness also impairing my ability to accomplish things. Hah! God is teaching me to rely on Him in all things, and that some things are more important than cleaning my house, making a gourmet meal, or getting all the shopping done.

For the next few weeks, my motto will be simplicity, and my joy will be in His strength, not my own. As for our menu, my husband makes a mean grilled cheese ;)

I hear ya Crystal!! Last week was like crazy land at my house. My plan was to do a huge freezer cooking session over the weekend. Well that did not happen. Since I bought all the groceries I had to do something with them so I did a little freezer cooking each day. It was tough but I survived for the most part.

This weekend was much better :)

Here is my menu plan along with my weight loss and healthy living goals for the week.

Hi! I’ve never done this, but have been enjoying MSM for over a year and finally started my own mini (so so mini) blog for my family and friends a couple weeks ago. I’ve made menu plans for a long time, but got off track the last few months. You (and your lovely readers!) motivated me to start again… So here is our menu plan for the week. We have a couple of the same items this week:) Also, a couple of my recipes are from you! I’m having some linking issues, but will link them back to you as soon as I’m able to (and when I post the recipes to share).

Thank you for providing such a wonderful resource for all of us. Happy Holidays to you and your readers!

Looks great! I’ll definitely have to write down some of these recipes! When do you use all of your freezer recipes? It seems like you do a lot of freezer cooking but not that often do I see where you pull a meal from the freezer. Am I missing it?

5. Koree says

Lunch or Dinner:
    Quinoa
    Soup Beans and cornbread
    Salad; apples
    Popcorn Shrimp;mashed potatoes

Breakfast:
    Cereal
    Oatmeal
    French Toast Casserole

I am always amazed at how you plan all the meals. We have a lot going on this week so I have at least 2 nights that I am not cooking due to church and family activities. You can see mine on my blog wwwmncsufrog.blogspot.com

7. Caroline says

I saw the recipe for Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole last week and made it last night. It was a big hit with my husband and 5 year old son. My 3 year old picked out the beans and tortillas then cried because he didn’t like the chicken. Can’t win them all! Thanks for all your great recipes!

Question – as I’m getting ready to make your breadmachine cinnamon rolls, I noticed you baked them before freezing a pan. What do you do to heat them up when you take them out of the freezer? Do you re-bake them some or microwave to heat up?