15 Ways to Earn More Swagbucks (Part 2)

Last week, I shared three ways to earn more Swagbucks. Here are five more:

4. Print Coupons

Did you know that you can now earn 10 Swagbucks for every coupon you print and use from Swagbucks? Just click on the “Earn” tab at the top of the Swagbucks homepage and then click on “Coupons”. You’ll earn 10 Swagbucks for every coupon you print and redeem at your local store.

Please note that you’ll only receive Swagbucks for coupons you actually use. Just printing them won’t earn you anything, so make sure to only print those you know you’ll use.

In addition, it takes up to 12 weeks for the points to post to your account. However, I’ve received reports from many different people that this has worked without a hitch. You just have to have a bit of patience!

5. Watch Swagbucks TV

Click on the “Swagbucks TV” on the dropdown menu under the “Earn” tab to pull up the Swagbucks TV page. You have to watch 10 different videos (they range in length from one minute to five minutes) and then you’ll earn three Swagbucks.

I usually turn these on while I’m working on the computer and it’s a simple way to slowly rack up some points. You can earn up to 25 three-point rewards in a 24-hour period (a total of 75 points), so it’s definitely a great way to multi-task while on the computer. I also sometimes just leave the videos running while I’m working on a task nearby (laundry, cleaning, etc.).

6. Take the Daily Poll

Every day, Swagbucks offers one simple poll. Just click on the “Poll” on the dropdown menu under the “Earn” tab to pull up the page. Choose your answer and you’ll earn one Swagbuck. It’s simple and takes all of about 15 seconds to do.

7. Perform Tasks

Swagbucks has a list of different tasks you can complete online and earn anywhere from 16 to 40 Swagbucks. Just click on the “Tasks” on the dropdown menu under the “Earn” tab to pull up the page.

Each tasks is different. They will tell you at the beginning how many minutes the task will typically take.

I will say, that I wouldn’t recommend this way of earning Swagbucks unless you have a lot of time on your hands and love doing online research. For the time involved in doing these tasks, you’re only earning the equivalent of pennies.

8. Complete Special Offers

Right now, you can earn nine Swagbucks when you sign up to get Dilbert comics or the Free Sites email newsletter. You can earn 61 Swagbucks when you sign up for Mint.com and add one financial institution to your profile. You can get 21 Swagbucks when you sign up for the Sweet Daily Deals email newsletter.

There are many, many more such offers which require no credit card or payment to earn Swagbucks. Click on the “Special Offers” on the dropdown menu under the “Earn” tab to pull up the page which lists the various offers you can complete to earn Swagbucks. Unless you were already planning to sign up for one of the free trials which require a credit card, I would not suggest signing up for them as it’s possible you could forget to cancel and get billed.

…To be continued next Wednesday

How many Swagbucks do you typically earn in a day (not including referrals)? I’ve been averaging at least 20 to 40 Swagbucks earned each day (without referrals) and the more I’m becoming adept at figuring out all the ways to earn, the more I’ve been racking up points!

Comments

I love the coupon feature of Swagbucks. My computer temporarily crashed for a couple of days, and I was bummed about not getting my daily Swagbucks. However, when I was up and running again, I discovered that I had earned 80 bucks just from coupon redemptions! This is a great list, thanks!!!

• Whitney A says

I love the SB coupons too. I figure since I print & use them anyways I may as well get 10 SB each! They pretty much always have the same ones from coupons.com

• Eli says

How do you know how many of your points actually came from coupons? Do you find that they post overnight or at certain times of the day? It seems impossible to make sure I’m getting credit for them….

2. Elizabeth says

You can get 25 SB TV wins a day for a total of 75 points, but they have ended the autoplay feature, so you have to keep clicking on the next video. Makes it a lot harder, I think.

• Becky says

I agree. I wish they would bring the auto play feature back but I understand why they took it out.

Thank you for this extra information. I’ll update my post. I’ve only gotten up to two wins per day (20 videos) worked into my routine. I need to get better at multi-tasking! :)

• HeatherS says

I miss autoplay also. I would let the videos run on my laptop while working in the kitchen and it’s much more difficult now that you have to click after each one as my hands are usually wet since I’m doing dishes etc. I keep it running in the background while I work in another open window while doing my bills and such. One warning though, some videos are not kid appropriate so I stick to the cooking ones or the animal ones in case kids are looking over my shoulder while I work.

• Sandra Lee says

How long does it take for your credits to appear once you have completed watching the ads?

• Jen says

Once you get to 100% (mine shows 99% for some reason), the 3 SB will be added automatically and it will tell you you’ve just won 3 swagbucks. You accumulate 10% for each video you watch.

3. Jeni says

These are great tips. I’ve EASILY earned 60-some points for the bookmark suggestion since your Part 1 posting.

I have been earning about 20-30 per day without referrals. I love the Mega Fridays, the most I’ve ever gotten is 11 points… still waiting on the big one!

Be very careful with the task option, especially when it asks you to go to external sites. I have encountered a few viruses this way, so I’ve opted to just stay away from that feature.

Swagbucks is awesome. I have gotten many amazon.com gift cards from there to support my reading habit (I buy used books). I haven’t tried using the coupons part, but I definitely will now. :)

I averge about 40 per day. I haven’t done the bookmark idea, but I have been using the SB website for evey site I visit. When I’m going to moneysavingmom.com, I type that into the SB search (got 11 points today for that!!). I also go to google via SB search. I did do the Redbox Groupon deal last week, and the mint.com one today. Also, before I close any browser that I have opened, I click first on the SB icon in my toolbar, which takes me to the SB home page. I get 1 or 2 SB at a time for that, a few times a day. I have earned one $5 amazon gift card this week from SB.

• Busy Mama says

How do you earn SB for clicking on the icon to be taken to their home page? That has not ever been the case for me.

• Busy Mama says

Yes, I have the toolbar installed, and receive 1 SB for it daily. I consider that part of my daily 5: 1 – toolbar use; 1 – daily poll; 1 – trusted survey link; 2 – NOSO. I have never received more than 1 SB daily for the toolbar, and have never received anything for simply clicking on their logo.

8. stephanie says

THanks for the input. NEver knew some of these options. I am often leery about signing up for external sites (i.e. viruses). It would be great to know others experiences on this.

• Kari says

Look in the comments from her post last week, which is linked in the article. Hopefully that will help.

• Valerie says

Yeah, I saw that and I still can’t figure it out. I don’t consider myself that computer illiterate so I will try again.

9. Heather says

I also purchase any Groupon or Living Social deal I am interested in through their Daily Deals section – that is a great way to earn big time points. Of course this only works if you are actually interested in the Groupon but when they had the $20 Barnes and Noble Groupon for $10, I went through Swag Bucks to purchase.

The coupon feature is great and I don’t think it always takes up to 12 weeks. Sometimes I print out coupons intending to use them but I don’t get a chance – so I started being a coupon fairy with some of my Swag Bucks coupons that I had printed but would not be able to use – and I racked up some more points. Of course I wouldn’t waste the ink and paper just to do that but if you printed out some you can’t use, it is a good way to not let them go to waste.

I make the most with the Games. I’m really, really good at one game in particular, and for awhile I was winning up to 10 tournaments a day for probably 200sB. Then they put a 5-tournaments-a-month limit, and I stick to the big weekly ones, still winning 1000-2000 each for those. I’ve had a big problem with cheaters, though, beating me with utterly impossibly high scores, and the support team wouldn’t do anything for me, which made me mad.

• Sherri says

I just won 30SB in a game tournament! This is the first time I have ever won, and I credit that to the new limit on wins. I am decently good at 1 game, but not good enough to beat the “pros” who win all the time. You can play for free (and *maybe* earn 2SB every so often) to practice and get better at the games.

I agree about the cheaters- sometimes I see scores that are 10000X what all the other high scores are, so you know that can’t be right. It’s too bad the support team hasn’t been able to get rid of that stuff.

11. Julie says

Also, if you click on the “trusted surveys” button, you get 1 SB for just doing that. You don’t have to actually take any surveys.

• Jen says

You can earn an extra 2 swagbucks when you click on NOSO under “Earn”. I always “skip” my way through all of the offers and then it asks you to type in a couple word phrase that is written. It used to be worth 1 swagbuck but now that they’ve added the ‘type in the phrase’ piece, it’s worth 2.
      I login every morning via the toolbar (1 SB), do the daily poll (1 SB), click on Trusted Surveys (1 SB) and then NOSO (2 SB). I love that I get 5 swagbucks before I’ve even attempted a search or to watch any videos. Even if that is all you do – if you do it every day, in a year you’ll have earned enough SB for $20 in Amazon.com gift cards!

• Emily says

I’m new to this way of winning 1 SB by clicking on the “trusted suverys” button. I just tried it and got nothing. It took me to a new page, I clicked “get started” and then it asked me all sorts of personal questions, like annual household income and others, which I do not want to answer. Am I missing something?

• Elizabeth says

That happened to me too the first time I clicked on the trusted surveys. It just does that to put you into the system so they’ll know what kind of surveys to give you or something. It shouldn’t happen again, it was just a one time thing.

12. CJ says

For all but 2 days out of the past month I’ve had to type in a captcha code everytime I win a search to get my SB. It’s been like that for me ever since I starting using Swag Bucks over a year ago. Does everyone have to type in captcha codes all the time like I do? I dont dont why I have to keep trying to prove to them that I’m not a “robot”. I only get around 20 SB a day. I also have to fight with them almost every time I complete a Special Offer because they never credit in the time they are supposed to. I did get my first coupon credit this week.

• Sherri says

I usually get a captcha for search wins once or twice a week. I win on searches roughly twice a day.

13. Dineen says

As for Tasks, I’ve tried to do a few of them and I’ve never gotten out of the “Training stage” so never have earned any swagbucks. Be aware also that it takes TIME to do the tasks. And your time is money. It takes 30 minutes or more to do a task for 25 swagbucks and swagbucks are pennies on the dollar. For example, if you want to earn a $15 dollar steam iron you need 2349 swagbucks, something that would take you roughly 4 hours or more of “Tasks” to earn if you are accurate enough for their requirements. If you work a minimum wage job, you would only need to work 2 hours. Do not work for sub-minimum wage. Your job as a home-manager and educator of your children is worth a lot more than minimum wage.
    If companies truly want fact-checking, then I believe they should pay people for the work with real money, not swagbucks through this sort of game. Please don’t encourage friends to do the “Tasks”. Our economy needs a grassroots effort to stand up and say, “No!” to this sort of pernicious sneaky way for companies to get out of paying people for real work. By paying the Swagbucks company in aggregate for work, they get out of paying real employees.

• Susan says

I agree 100% with Dineen’s post. The tasks are not worth the time they take. A $5 Amazon card costs 450 SB’s — if it takes a half hour to earn 25 SB’s, it would take 9 hours to earn a $5 GC. Horrible!

I hadn’t thought about them being unethical, but Dineen raises an excellent point.

• Sarah says

At the same time, if your doing 2 or 3 things at the same time, you really cant expect full pay for each. Like I am supervising my kids school while watching the videos and surfing so if it doesn’t take much effort i’m fine w less pay.

14. jonie says

For those special offers, it is good to have a separate junk email address than your usual ones because there will be alot of junk mail everyday especially if you signed up for those newsletter etc.

• Elizabeth says

That’s what I was wondering, if I sign up with a junk email account instead of my swag bucks email account will I still get credited for the special offers? Have you actually received your points?

• jonie says

Hi Elizabeth

I always use my junk email for all special offers (not the email I used to sign into swagbucks) and always received points. :)

/jonie

15. jonie says

I dare not try the bookmarked thing as I am afraid they will say illegal activity and deactivate my account without notice. I still have quite alot of swagbucks in my account and don’t want to take the risk. o:)

16. Nicole says

When I do SBTV I like to stick to the “new mom” videos since they are short. If I am cutting coupons or something I try to notice when the % earned goes up so I can click on the next video and move on faster.

I like to earn my 10 a day by playing the free games. You can lose as fast as you can and you can do it off and on all day to get to 10 swagbucks. No need to win lol. My kids are also old enough to do it for me!

17. Katie says

Quick Q. How do you know when your 10sb per coupon have been added to your acct? I’ve tried figuring it out but I don’t understand it at all? Thanks in advance!

On the homepage, click on “View Account”, then click on “Ledger”. It keeps a running total of all SB earned and spent. To break it down by type, go to “Select Category” to Special Offers. All coupon credits will be in there.

18. Veronica says

I love Swagbucks! I earned 50 doing surverys the other night. I didn’t qualify at first, but it asked if I wanted to keep qualifying and I hit yes until I finally qualified for a survery.

19. sheila jefferson says

The problem I am having is a couple days ago I had to uninstall swagbucks do to my computer didn’t install the update to swagbucks properly and cause so much difficult etc.My point is if I install it again will I be counted as a new comer or will I still have the swagbucks from the first time I installed.

20. Wendy says

Whenever I went to the coupon site my anti-virus software (Avast!) comes up and says it is blocking a Trojan Horse virus. I print coupons off many other sites and have never had this happen. Did anyone else get this? (Incidentally, I’ve used Avast! for years and years and have never had a virus, so I trust it.)

21. Glenda says

I’ve just started to earn Swagbucks and havent’ cashed any in yet, but I’ve noticed that to get one Amazon $5 gift card it takes 450 sb, but to get a $25 card it takes 3,150 sb. It looks like it would make more sense to get 5 of the $5 cards (5 x 450 = 2250 sb) My question is can I use multiple cards toward the purchase of one item on Amazon?

• Leticia says

Glend You can only redeem your swagbucks for the $5 Amazon cards 5 times a month I belive after that you have to wait until next month to redeem more. But yes the $5 ones are better than the $25 ones.

• Elizabeth says

Yes, you can use multiple cards toward one purchase on amazon. When you get a amazon gift card code you go to your amazon account, click “my account” then “apply gift card” and then enter the code. It will then put $5 on to your account which you can use at anytime for any purchase. When you get another gift card do the same thing and you will then have a $10 amazon credit.