We don’t have many repeat guests on the podcast, but I was so happy to have Lisa Whittle back in the studio to talk about her new book God Knows: When Your Worries and Whys Need More Than Temporary Relief!
This book is all about finding rest and comfort in God, and I just really love how Lisa’s heart points people to Jesus through her work. Lisa and I dive deep into her trilogy of books, Jesus Over Everything, The Hard Good, and now God Knows, which, together, offer a full picture of living a spiritual life.
Lisa’s insights on trust, faith, and finding rest in God are incredibly powerful and practical. They aren’t just theoretical; they give you actual ways to practice resting in God in your everyday life, and I strongly encourage you to grab copies of her books! The newest book especially will allow you to soak up what it means to live with those two simple words: God knows.
Powered by RedCircle
In This Episode
[00:35] – Welcome back to the show, Lisa Whittle!
[3:04] – Lisa used to love giving opinions but has learned the value in pointing towards Jesus.
[6:06] – Lisa discusses her trilogy of books.
[8:48] – Getting priorities in order and working through personal issues can enhance rest.
[10:22] – Why is rest so important, according to Lisa?
[14:04] – Lisa addresses some of the things people look to for pain relief.
[17:21] – Hear about what Lisa calls the “thin line” between healthy and unhealthy behaviors.
[20:32] – I point out how I really appreciate how practical the book is.
[21:29] – Lisa expresses the profound impact that writing the book has had on her life.
[24:52] – Embracing the idea of “God knows” has transformed me for the better.
[29:38] – Lisa offers advice to listeners, encouraging them to avoid complicating the process.
[32:23] – I wrap up, emphasizing the importance of opening up our hands and releasing control.
Links & Resources
- Crystal Paine
- The Crystal Paine Show – 138. How to Keep Going When Life Is Hard (with Lisa Whittle)
- Jesus Over Everything: Uncomplicating the Daily Struggle to Put Jesus First by Lisa Whittle
- The Hard Good: Showing Up for God to Work in You When You Want to Shut Down by Lisa Whittle
- God Knows: When Your Worries and Whys Need More Than Temporary Relief by Lisa Whittle
- Love-Centered Parenting: The No-Fail Guide to Launching Your Kids by Crystal Paine
- 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: crystal @ moneysavingmom.com