We went to ALDI and Kroger on Sunday night and spent $81 total. Because I’ve been buying extra deals here and there over the last few weeks, we had more to work with this week and I didn’t need to spend as much this week — which was great!
Note: If you missed my post on Why I’m Back to Grocery Shopping, Menu-Planning, and Freezer Cooking, be sure to read it here.
Our Grocery Budget
We currently budget $125 per week for groceries for our family of 5. This does not include eating out once a week (we budget separately for that).
We also get some of our expensive groceries and personal products (such as makeup) via Amazon using credit earned from Swagbucks + we get the majority of our household products (cleaners, toothpaste,detergent, etc.) via credit earned from Grove.
I only spent $81 this week, which leaves me wiggle room to buy more markdowns at Kroger if I have time to swing by there later this week to see if they have some great markdowns. If I don’t have time or they don’t have good markdowns, I’ll roll over the extra $$ to next week.
Here’s what we bought:
ALDI Shopping Trip
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts — $5.49
- Dried Cranberries — $1.29
- Blueberries — $1.49
- Blueberries — $1.49
- 3 Macaroni & Cheese — $0.33 each
- Quick Oats — $2.39
- 2 loaves of 12-Grain Bread — reduced to $0.89 each
- 3 loaves Wheat Bread — reduced to $0.79 each
- English Muffins — $0.99
- Chili Beans — $0.59
- 2 cans of Black Beans — $0.59 each
- Bananas (4 lb.) — $0.58
- 2 Refried Beans — $0.79 each
- Diced Tomatoes — $0.59
- Peanut Butter — $1.49
- Cashews — $2.99
- 2 dozen large eggs — $0.49 per dozen
- Whole chicken — $5.23
- Feta cheese — $1.79
- Greek yogurt — $0.75
- Half & half — $1.89
- Baby carrots — $0.99
- Total with tax — $42.35 (Plus, I uploaded my receipt to Yaarlo & earned a little cashback for doing so. If you haven’t signed up with Yaarlo, use my coupon code MONEYSAVINGMOM when you sign up to earn more.)
Kroger Shopping Trip
- 2 dozen brown eggs — $2.99 per dozen
- 1 carton almond milk — $1.99
- 1 gallon milk (submitted for $0.25 iBotta rebate)
- 4 packages bread/buns — reduced to $0.99 each
- 2 packages bacon — $3 per package
- Salad mix — reduced to $2.49 (got $0.25 back via Checkout 51)
- 2 yogurts — reduced to $0.29 each
- Greek yogurt — reduced to $0.39
- 3 3-lb. packages of Butterball ground turkey — $3.99 each
Total with tax: $38.45 (Plus, I uploaded my receipt to Yaarlo & earned a little cashback for doing so. If you haven’t signed up with Yaarlo, use my coupon code CRYSTALP861 when you sign up to earn more.)
This Week’s Menu Plan
Interested in what we’re eating this week? You can see our menu plan for this week here. I plan our menu based upon what we already have on hand, so I didn’t have to buy every single item needed to make everything on our menu.
Struggling with menu planning? Check out this post on How to Be a Meal Planning Mama.
How much did you spend on groceries this week? Tell us in the comments!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!