Are you looking for non-toy gift ideas this year for Christmas? One non-toy gift I love giving my kids is magazine subscriptions!
My kids LOVE getting magazines as gifts because it means they’ll get fun mail every month all year long! Then you can recycle them or pass them on when you’re through with them.
Here are 13 suggestions for fun magazine subscriptions for kids that our family has loved and my readers also highly recommended:
Be sure to use coupon code MONEYSAVING at checkout to get 20% off your purchase of these magazine subscriptions!! (Discount excludes National Geographic and Highlights magazines.)
1. Highlights Magazine — This is a top children’s magazine that makes learning fun and adventurous through the use of hidden pictures, games, puzzles, and other interactive activities. Choose from Highlights for Children (ages 6-12), Highlights High Five (ages 2-6), or Highlights Hello (for ages 0-2).
2. Ranger Rick Magazine — Published by the National Wildlife Federation, this magazine is designed for boys and girls ages 7-12 who love the outdoors. Each issue is packed with full-color photos of animals and stories of adventure. It focuses on teaching young kids about wildlife, nature, and conservation.
3. Thomas & Friends Magazine — For ages 2-7, each issue of this hugely popular magazine is filled with stories your children will love, a collectible poster you can hang on your wall, and a pull out workbook filled with activities like counting, matching, and reading.
4. Peppa Pig Magazine — Perfect for young Peppa fans ages 2-7, this highly-rated magazine is packed full of games, puzzles, stories, crafts, posters, and more.
5. Animal Tales Magazine — This fun magazine is filled with over 80 pages of games, puzzles, posters, recipes, projects, and more! Our readers LOVE this magazine!
6. Sports Illustrated Kids Magazine — This magazine is not only a fun and entertaining way to promote reading, but also serves as a wonderful and wholesome source of inspiration for young kids who love the world of sports. Edited for children 8 years and up, the magazine features great news articles, player profiles, and much more.
7. National Geographic Kids Magazine — This award winning magazine features a combination of facts, photos, and fun for kids. The articles are designed to inspire children to learn about their world around them and consist of incredible information about science, technology, animals, geography, archaeology, and pop culture. Each issue also comes with jokes, fun games, and activities. Choose from the Kids version for ages 6 & up or the Little Kids version for ages 3-6.
8. Sparkle World Magazine — This magazine features Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Angelina Ballerina, and more. Each issue is packed with these popular characters, activities, games, posters, stickers and more. It is suited for younger girls ages 3 and up.
9. Disney Princess Magazine — This magazine is for girls ages 4-9 and is filled with magical stories, fun projects, games, activities, and more. It is narrated by Disney’s leading ladies like Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, and Snow White and every issue features a pull out poster your child can hang on her wall.
10. Babybug Magazine — This magazine is for infants and toddlers up to 3 years old. It’s a unique magazine, because it’s one that parents and their babies can enjoy together. It’s filled with colorful pictures and simple rhymes and stories that can be read together.
11. Zoobooks Magazine — This is the kid’s magazine for animal lovers. It brings the excitement of the zoo right into your home. Each issue features breath-taking photography, fascinating articles, facts, and diagrams that brings the animal world alive.
12. Paw Patrol Magazine — This is such a fun magazine for little Paw Patrol fans! Each issue comes with stickers, puzzles to solve, and a variety of pictures to color. This is another one our readers always get excited about!
13. Free LEGO Magazine — This is one of my kids’ favorite magazines, and the best part is that it is totally FREE! This magazine is the ultimate print experience for young LEGO fans, and it is filled with stuff like comics, fun activities, challenging competitions, and interviews. Readers can keep up with their favorite characters and themes, and discover what other LEGO builders are creating.
Don’t forget to use code MONEYSAVING at checkout to get an extra 20% off these subscriptions!
BONUS magazine we love: Clubhouse Magazine — You know how our family is HUGE fans of Adventures in Odyssey! So it’s only natural that my kids LOVE Clubhouse magazine! This Christian kids’ magazine for ages 8-12 reinforces family closeness with hands-on activities, challenging puzzles and exciting stories. (Discount Magazines doesn’t offer this magazine, so I don’t have a discounted price to offer you, unfortunately.)
Looking for more Non-Toy Gift Ideas? Check these out:
- 145 Non-Toy Gift Ideas for Every Age
- 10 Non-Toy Gift Ideas for Kids
- Non-Toy Gift Ideas for Kids: 10 More Ideas