Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
I only ended up going to Kroger once this past week, but I got some great deals and markdowns!
The Cream of Chicken soup was in the markdown section and it was just $0.49 each + it was part of the Buy 10, Get $5 off deal which meant that I got $0.50 off each — making them free!
I was super excited about finding the Yoplait 8-count packs of yogurt for just $0.99 and also the Off the Grid Waffles for just $0.99 each! There is a $0.50/1 iBotta rebate with a limit of 5 so I got back $2.50 for buy 5 boxes!
And finally, I was super thrilled to find eggs marked down! We were down to our last few eggs so it was perfect timing!
Kroger Shopping Trip:
- 5 Campbell’s Soup — marked down to $0.49, got $0.50 off each because they were part of the buy 10, Get $5 off deal
- 2 cans of Swanson broth — $0.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- 4 cans of Green Beans — $0.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- 2 pounds Land O Lakes butter — $2.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- 3 boxes Creamette Pasta — $0.49 each when you buy 10 participating items, used $1/3 coupon from a Kroger mailer = $0.50 for all three
- 2 cartons cottage cheese — $1.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- 3 boxes of Swiss Miss hot cocoa — $0.99 each when you buy 10 participating items
- Annie’s Mac & Cheese — marked down to $0.45
- 5 boxes Off the Grid Waffles — marked down to $0.99 each, plus I got $0.50 back per box from iBotta
- Old El Pasa Taco Shells — marked down to $0.39
- 2 boxes SO Right frozen burrito bowls — marked down to $0.89 each
- 1 dozen Kroger eggs — marked down to $0.59
- 5 dozen cage-free brown eggs — marked down to $1.29 each
- 2 Chobani yogurt flips — marked down to $0.19 each
- Kroger peanut butter — free with Kroger coupon from the Kroger mailer
- Kroger water — $0.89
- 2 Dannon Oikos yogurt — marked down to $0.49 each
- 2 packages Roasted Turkey — marked down to $1.79 each
- Broccoli crowns — $0.70
- Kroger smoked sausage — free with Kroger mailer coupon
- 2 8-count packages of Yoplait yogurt — marked down to $0.99 each
- 1 bunch of green leaf lettuce — $1.79
- Bag of 3 apples — marked down to $0.99
- Bananas — marked down to $0.50
- Dole Salad Kit — $1.79
- 4-lb bag of oranges — $3.99
- Milk — $2.99
- Total with tax: $53.28
Since I had some extra wiggle room in the grocery budget, I went ahead and ordered this great deal off of Amazon.
Dinners This Past Week
- Monday: Frozen Pizza
- Tuesday: Lasagna Casserole, Green Beans, Rolls
Wednesday: Chicken Noodle Soup, Best Bran Muffins, Cinnamon Apples
Thursday: Homemade Mac & Cheese, Green Beans, Grapes, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Friday: Pumpkin Waffles, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs
- Saturday: Leftovers (fend for yourself)
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!