Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
I was out of town for two days this week at a blogging conference where I helped lead small group discussions in Instagram and also met with a number of different brands who are interested in working with me.
So once again, I didn’t end up writing down what all we ate this week. I had to laugh at my frugal ways though, because I managed to only spend $0.53 on food while I was on the road (I used a small Starbucks gift card to buy a few things one of the days and it didn’t quite cover everything so I owed $0.53!)
Some of our friends were out of town this week, so they offered us their share at a local farm since they wouldn’t be in town to pick it up. And they wouldn’t let us pay them for it! So we had roasted broccoli, cabbage and sausage, fresh strawberries, and lots of salads with fresh greens!
And then I found some great deals at Kroger on Friday:
Kroger Shopping Trip
- 5 boxes of Go-gurts — $0.99 each with Friday-Saturday deal
- 2 packages of Turkey Breast — on closeout for $2 each
- 5 packages of Danimals Smoothies — $0.99 each with Friday-Saturday deal
- 8 bags of frozen veggies — $1 each
- 1 bag of Chex Mix + 1 bag of Bugles — $0.99 when you buy 5 participating items, used $0.50/2 Kroger Digital coupon = $0.74 each
- 2 bottles of Aussie shampoo/conditioner — $1.99 each when you buy 5 participating items, used $2/2 Kroger Digital coupon = $0.99 each
- 1 Simply Popped Popcorn — $0.99 each when you buy 5 participating items
- 2 boxes of Earth’s Best French Toast Sticks — marked down to $0.79 each
- 3 bags of Simple Truth Dried Mango — marked down to $1.12 each
- 3 Kroger Greek Yogurt — marked down to $0.49 each
- 2 Kroger yogurt — marked down to $0.25 each
- Turkey Jerky — marked down to $0.99 each
- Parmesan Cheese — $2.19
- 10 1/2 pounds marked down bananas ($0.39/lb.) — $4.09
- Simple Truth Eggs — $2.79, used $0.50/1 Kroger Digital coupon = $2.29
- Half & Half — $1.79
- 3 pounds ground sirloin — marked down to $3.79 each
- Kroger milk — $2.99
- Turkey Hill Tea — $1.34, used $0.75/1 Kroger Digital Coupon = $0.59
- 1 bag of peaches — marked down to $0.99
- Total with tax: $67.68
Last week, I was a few dollars over-budget (intentionally), but I promised I would be under budget this week — and I was!
Of course, we got our FREE Krispy Kreme donuts on Friday + Silas got free donuts for his A’s on his report card. (Note: They said that they have a limit of 6 free donuts per report card. Also, I’ve heard that some stores no longer offer this.)
Other posts in the $70 Grocery Budget series
- I spent $58.91 on groceries this week!
- $70 Budget: What We Ate & What We Bought This Week
- This Week's $70 Grocery Shopping Trip (I was under-budget!)
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!