Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family (two adults, two teenagers, one preteen, and two babies*). This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunch for Jesse and me (the kids have lunches at school most days), snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
*Note: Champ’s formula is currently being covered by the state since he’s in foster care. Kierstyn is nursing, but we are supplementing with formula each day since my supply is low despite all my efforts to increase it. We have a separate budget for her formula. We also haven’t bought any diapers because friends have been so generous and have gifted us with so many diapers that we haven’t had to buy any yet! We may change the budget in the near future as the babies get older and their needs change. We’ll see!
Kroger Shopping Trip
I only went to Kroger once this week, can you believe it? It was mostly a stock up shopping trip to stock the pantry and freezer since there wasn’t much we needed to purchase. Here’s what I bought:
- 5 boxes of pasta — $0.49 each when you buy 10 or more participating items
- 3 bags flour — $1.49 with weekly Digital Deal Kroger coupon
- 3 boxes Capri-Sun — $1.49 each when you buy 10 or more participating items
- 1 bunch of bananas — $1.48
- 3 tubs raspberries — $1.50 each
- 3-lb. bag of Cuties — $2.77
- 1 tub lettuce — marked down to $1.69
- Milk — $2.39
- Half & Half — $1.99
- 3 bags Milano cookies — $1.99 each when you buy 10 or more participating items
- 4 cans green beans — $0.49 each when you buy 10 or more participating items
- 2 cans chicken broth — $0.49 each when you buy 10 or more participating items
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup — $0.49 each when you buy 10 or more participating items
- 2 whole chickens — $3.68 + $3.84
- 4 yogurts — marked down to $0.29 each
- cinnamon — $1
- Chicken — $6.70
- 3 cans Pringles — $0.99 each when you buy 10 or more participating items, used $1/3 coupon = $0.67 each
- 2 big bags of candy — 70% off, $3.90 each (I’m using these for special treats/incentives.
- Total with tax: $67.28
Want to learn some of my best tips and tricks for cutting your grocery bill? Sign up here for my FREE tip sheet on how to cut your grocery bill by $50 this week.