Today’s Swagbucks success story is from Jen:
I’ve been using Swagbucks for almost 5 years now. I started after my first child was born when a frugal friend referred me.
Early on, I used Swagbucks to help pay for diapers and wipes on Amazon.com. Now I use them for almost anything from Starbucks gift cards or to help pay for birthday and Christmas gifts on Amazon.
My husband works a demanding job and I stay home with our 2 kids. His work recently rewarded him by sending him to a conference in Hawaii, and I got to go too! We were very excited, but we also knew that in general, Hawaii is a rather expensive place to visit.
I started researching frugal things to do in Hawaii, but my husband had the best idea — he loves snorkeling and said we should take our own gear. All the beaches in Hawaii are public, so we could snorkel almost anywhere.
I didn’t have gear, so my husband turned to Amazon to find something for me. He found a good set for around $40, and since I had been saving my Swagbucks for a while, I had more than enough saved to cover the cost of the snorkel set. I was so excited to show my husband that I got them for free as he sometimes makes fun of my Swagbuck addiction. 🙂
As far as earning Swagbucks, I devote a few minutes everyday to it — sometimes I spend a little more time depending on what’s going on at home and if there are any promotions. I only get on a computer once a week, so I do most of my earning on a smartphone.
- I always do the Daily Poll and the NOSO (No Obligation Special Offers). These are good for 3 easy Swagbucks.
- I search throughout the day as I need information. I also use the search feature to connect to sites like Money Saving Mom. I’m going there anyway, so I take the second to type it into the search field at Swagbucks.
- I use the Swagbucks TV App on my phone which gives me 2 bucks for every 5 videos — a little better than doing it via the computer.
- I also check the Swagbucks Blog and Facebook pages every so often. There are often Swag Codes for 2-6 bucks. These sites keep me informed of promotions — for instance, every year on their birthday Swagbucks gives away tons of Swagbucks via Swag Codes.
- When I can get on a computer, I check the special offers on the homepage. I do occasionally find something that interests me.
I love Swagbucks. It has been a great way for us to fill in some of the holes in our budget over the years. It won’t make you rich, but it can give you that little something extra when you need it.