Welcome to the 7-Day Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge. Each day this week, I’ll be blogging through the 7-Day Challenge. If you’ve not signed up yet, enter your name and email in the orange sign-up box at the top of the page here and you’ll get the daily emails and challenge in your inbox.
If you want to be more productive, you need to become the master of your minutes. Do you ever find yourself with short five-minute windows of time here and there? Our schedules are so jam packed, but there always seem to be those little niches of time that pop up throughout the day.
It’s easy to mindlessly pick up your phone, browse the web, or check your Facebook news feed for the tenth time. Sometimes, we’re not even aware that we’re spacing out. But consider what you can actually accomplish in a few minutes of time. For example, you can do the following:
- Write a thank-you note or encouraging e-mail.
- Clean the kitchen sink or bathroom toilet.
- Switch a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer.
- Pull out dinner from the freezer.
- Make a healthy snack to munch on instead of grazing on high-calorie, low-nutrition foods.
- Take your vitamins, and drink a glass of water.
- Do twenty-five sit-ups.
- Tidy up a room.
- Read a short story to your child.
- Wipe down the kitchen counters.
- Text your husband to tell him you love him.
- Read two pages of the book you’re currently reading.
- Pray for someone you know who is struggling or for a need in your own life.
There are a thousand other ideas for how to use wisely the little slots of time that show up throughout the day. Don’t let these golden nuggets slip by unproductively! They can quickly add up in your favor. In fact, if you pay attention and make purposeful choices, you may find they add up exponentially.
Look for little pockets of time throughout the day that you can use to accomplish some of the tasks above — or other small tasks. I bet you’ll find that you have at least 5-10 of these pockets throughout your day (maybe more!) and if you put them to work for you, you’ll end the day feeling much more accomplished!
Your turn: Tell us 1-3 things you accomplish or plan to accomplish today in the little pockets of time. Also, if you have time, I’d love to hear what ideas you have to add to my list of things you can accomplish in a few minutes.
Other posts in the Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge series
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge: Day 1
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: Day 2 (Recognize & Appreciate Your Gifts)
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge: Day 3 (Create a Morning Routine)
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge: Day 4 (Use Your Minutes Wisely)
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge: Day 5 (Clear Out the Clutter)
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge: Day 6 (Find an Accountability Partner)
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!