One of the things our family loves to do together is watch shows and movies. Recently, someone asked what our favorite shows are to watch together as a family. So, we all talked together as a family and compiled a list of some of the shows we’ve most enjoyed together.
On this week’s podcast episode, we share that list + we talk about why we don’t have a TV in our living room and how we approach being intentional and careful in our TV-watching.
We also talk about a book we’re finishing together as a family, the Panera unlimited coffee subscription, and a YouTube video I’ve rewatched multiple times.
In This Episode:
[00:36] Welcome back to the show… and a semi-apology from Jesse. 😉
[02:46] Panera Bread’s unlimited coffee subscription is saving Jesse’s life.
[06:28] The Squirrel Ninja Obstacle Course is something I’ve been loving!
[09:33] We’ve been reading Job in the Bible together and Jesse is excited about the next Brad Thor book, Near Dark.
[11:49] The kids and I have been reading The Boy on the Wooden Box.
[15:25] This week we’re talking about our favorite TV shows!
[16:35] Why we don’t have a TV in our living room.
[19:14] Our TV is in our bedroom but we pretty much only watch it as a family.
[20:57] Do your research before watching shows with your kids.
[22:33] Why we loved Timeless and are sad that it was cancelled.
[24:58] Our family loves This Is Us as well, but we started this one off with just us before sharing with our kids.
[27:03] We’re just starting watching some seasons of Survivor together.
[28:15] We used to watch The Apprentice way back when Kathrynne was little, so we’ve enjoyed introducing our kids to it.
[29:15] The Amazing Race is another one of our favorites because we love to travel.
[30:25] Last, but not least, is Designated Survivor. (Please only watch the first two seasons!)
Links and Resources:
- Panera Bread’s Coffee Subscription
- Mark Rober’s Squirrel Ninja Obstacle Course
- Near Dark by Brad Thor
- The Boy on the Wooden Box by Leon Leyson
- Jocko Willink Podcast Episode 219 w/ Rose Schindler: Auschwitz Survivor
- Plugged In
- Common Sense Media
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: email@example.com