If you’ve followed here for very long, you know I like to keep things simple! “Why make things more complicated than they need to be?” is sort of my life mantra!
I simplify in pretty much all areas of my life — food (we stick to meals that are quick and easy and don’t require a lot of steps or ingredients), clothes (I have a lot of staple mix and match wardrobe items that I wear over and over again), routines (we have a lot of daily rhythms we follow to keep our home organized and running smoothly), home decor (I go through the house regularly to keep clutter at bay), business (we don’t do meetings or phone calls hardly ever and I try to keep things as streamlined as possible), and even hair and makeup are areas where I’m all about keeping it simple.
Keeping it simple when it comes to makeup means basically wearing the same makeup look every single day. I can do it in a 4-7 minutes, I like how it looks, and I can go on camera without any prep (I do a lot of video recordings for various things these days so it’s rare that a day goes by that I don’t need to be camera-presentable at least at some point).
The 5 Makeup Products I Use Daily
Here are the 5 makeup products I use every day in the order I use them:
- Maybelline Total Temptation Eyebrow Definer — I over-plucked my eyebrows for years, so I use this to fill in my rather sparse eyebrows (I use the blonde color. I usually find the best price is the two-pack on Amazon, but the single product is just $2.99 right now!)
- Covergirl Lashblast Mascara — I use three coats of the very black mascara to make my eyes pop a little more. (I put on one coat, let it dry for 30 seconds, and then apply another coat. And then repeat.)
- Mary Kay Liquid Foundation — I use this as both concealer (I put extra around my eyes and a little dab on my eyelids) plus foundation. (I use Ivory 2… yes, I have very pale skin!)
- Blush — I dab on a little blush (I use different brands; just whatever I find a deal on!)
- Lipstick + gloss — Finally, I finish it off with lip stick or lip gloss. This is the one area where I do mix things up a little bit. I have a few lip sticks + lip glosses (I got some of them for $2 from the discount store) and just mix together whatever color I feel like wearing or that matches what I’m wearing that day.
And there you have it… my very simple makeup routine!
If you wear makeup, I’d love to hear your favorites! Also, do you use the same products every day or do you change things up?