This year, I’m doing weekly goals in 2020 instead of yearly goals. And I’m thrilled to report that it’s going so well!
While at first glance, it might seem like I didn’t accomplish that much on my goals list this past week (and I certainly didn’t accomplish as much as I have the last two weeks), I had a really productive and great week.
There was breathing room and laughter and memories made. There was a lot of forward momentum on projects. And there was a lot of time spent with Jesse, the kids, and friends.
To me, that’s what’s way more important than checking everything off my list!
One of my goals was to go through these tubs of mementos we have in the basement.
They have kind of gotten pretty disorganized over the years (and multiple moves) as we’ve just stuffed things in them.
I only made it through one tub, but it felt good to at least make some headway!
Here’s my update on last week’s goals:
2020: Week 3 Goals Update
1. Get in 53,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.)
2. Finish reading 100 Ways to Love Your Husband, 100 Ways to Love Your Wife
, 100 Words of Affirmation Your Wife Needs to Hear, 100 Words of Affirmation Your Husband Needs to Hear, Live Love Now, and No Better Mom for the Job. Finish listening to Killing the Rising Sun. 3. Get up at 5:30 a.m. every week day.
4. Go to bed by 10 p.m. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. (I did this every night but one night when Jesse was out of town!)
5. Drink a gallon of water every day. (I did this 5 of the days, so I’m excited about that!)
6. Decluttering: Boxes of mementos, under bathroom sinks, and kitchen cupboards. (I did some decluttering, but I didn’t end up finishing all of this.)
7. Finish reading Great Escapes of World War II aloud as a family. 8. Buy hats and coming home outfit for baby. (I’m chipping away at my To Do Before Baby Comes list a little bit per week.)
9. Write chapter 2 of my manuscript. (Chapter 2 is really close to being done, but I want to sit with it for a few more days and rearrange and rework some things before I officially say that the first draft is done.)
Word of the Year Goals
10. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family. 11. Go to a movie with Jesse. 12. Go out to dinner with friends.
2020: Week 4 — Goals
1. Get in 54,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.)
3. Get up at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
4. Go to bed by 10 p.m. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
5. Drink a gallon of water every day.
6. Get new shower curtain, rug, and towels for upstairs bathroom.
7. Read 40 pages of Carry a Big Stick aloud as a family.
8. Get a crib and bedding. (I’m chipping away at my To Do Before Baby Comes list a little bit per week.)
9. Finish chapter 2 and write chapter 3 of my manuscript.
Word of the Year Goals
10. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family.
11. Take Kathrynne out on a date for her birthday.
12. Light candle and write notes to our Compassion children.
What are YOUR goals for this week? How did you do on last week’s goals? Tell us in the comments!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!