(All dressed up for Silent Disco Night at camp!)
I could look at last week’s goals list and be discouraged at how little it feels like I crossed off. But then, I look at all that actually happened last week and I can remember that maybe it doesn’t look like I got a lot done, but I focused on people versus projects and being present versus being productive… and I realize that it was a really good week.
Last week’s goals:
1. Get in 54,000 steps total.(I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.)
2. Finish reading The Path Between Usand Counterfeit Gods. Listen to The Atomic City Girls.(I decided to stop listening to this book because it wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. More details on that on my book review post this week.)
3. Read 40 more pages of Carry a Big Stick aloud as a family. (I only ended up reading aloud once and we made it through 10 pages. Hey, that’s something, right?)
4. Finish editing chapters 1-3 and finish the rough draft of chapter 4 of my manuscript.(I only got a chance to work on the book a few times last week between my friend’s funeral and being out of town helping at Youth Group camp all weekend. Here’s to hoping I make more progress this week!)
5. Run a book giveaway on Instagram with some books I’ve already read.
Word of the Year Goals
6. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family.(We watched Treasure Island. Review coming later this week!)
We have what looks to be a calmer week this week. We are actually home three evenings out of seven — I can’t remember the last time that has happened! And we don’t have any big things happening this week… well, anything that I know of yet! 🙂 So I’m planning 9 goals and we’ll see how it goes!
2020: Week 6 — Goals
1. Get in 54,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.)
2. Finish reading Counterfeit Gods. Listen to Eat That Frog! and Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids.
3. Go to bed by 10:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
4. Read 30 more pages of Carry a Big Stick aloud as a family.
5. Research strollers, baby carriers, and car seats. Decide what we’re going to purchase.
6. Complete 4-hour Foster Care Training.
7. Finish editing chapters 1-3 and finish the rough draft of chapter 4 of my manuscript.
Word of the Year Goals
8. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family.
9. Go to a movie with Jesse.
What are YOUR goals for this week? How did you do on last week’s goals? Tell us in the comments!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!