I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our disclosure policy here.
I ran into Kroger today to see what markdowns there were and to pick up a few deals that are ending tomorrow. I was also excited to find some good deals on organic honey and maple syrup as we just finished off the last of the honey and we go through a lot of maple syrup around here since we have Breakfast for Dinner so often!
I also got the four items above for just $0.19 total! I thought they were going to be $1.69 total and was excited about that deal — and then someone on Facebook Live this morning told me about the Stayfree iBotta rebate that I completely missed. That meant that I got $1.50 back for buying Stayfree and I only paid $0.79 for it!
So all 4 items were only $0.19 total — just $0.05 each!!! Sadly, it looks like the Skintimate and Colgate coupons are no longer available.
But the Stayfree coupon still is available so you can get it free + overage — if you’re planning to buy 3 other Buy 4, Get $4 Off Participating items. This deal is valid through Tuesday (September 11, 2018).
Monday’s Kroger Shopping Trip
- 1 package of Stayfee pads at $1.79 — used $1/1 Stayfree Kroger Digital coupon = $0.79 after digital coupon + got $1.50 back from iBotta
- 1 Skintimate Shave Gel at $1.99 — used $1/1 Skintimate Kroger Digital coupon = $0.99 after digital coupon
- 2 Colgate Total toothpastes at $1.99 each — used $4/2 Colgate Digital coupon = FREE after coupon
- 1 Simple Truth Organic Raw Honey at $4.39 — used $1/1 Simple Truth Kroger Digital coupon = $3.39 after coupon
- 1 half gallon Kroger lemonade — marked down to $0.89
- 2 packages of Simple Truth Ground Turkey — marked down to $2.79 each
- 1 jar Simple Truth Organic Maple Syrup at $4.49 — used $1/1 Simple Truth Kroger Digital coupon = $3.49 after coupon
- Total with tax: $17.67
Want to never miss a hot deal we post? Want to interact with other deal-seekers and share deals you’re finding? Be sure to join our brand-new Facebook Group here.
This Week’s Menu Plan
It’s a full week this week! It’s Jesse’s birthday so we have some special family activities and friend get-together planned for that, we have a number of activities and get-togethers, I have a number of extra work projects, we’re going camping with our Community Group on Friday and Saturday, and we’re doing the Tough Mudder on Sunday. Whew!
We’re also starting another very popular Eat at Home Challenge on Thursday. I’ll be making dinner in the crockpot every morning on Live video and sharing what I’m making each day. More details to come!
- Cereal, Oatmeal, Toast/Eggs (Everyone is on their own for breakfast!)
- Hard Boiled Eggs, Avocados, Salad, Whole-Wheat Toast, Leftovers, Apples (Jesse & Me)
- Sandwiches, Cheese/Crackers, Fruit, Veggies, Granola Bars, Cookies, Capri Sun (For the kids — They are in charge of their own lunches.)
- Monday: Dinner out as a family for Jesse’s birthday
- Tuesday: Top Golf and dinner out with friends for Jesse’s birthday
- Wednesday: Meatballs, mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli
- Thursday: Smoked Sausage & Sauerkraut Soup, Whole Wheat Bread, Fruit/Veggies, Crackers
- Friday: Camping with Community Group — Everyone is bringing stuff for Grilling Out. We’re bringing beef hot dogs and brats for everyone (from the freezer), condiments (we already have them on hand), fruit, veggies, and baked beans (we already have these on hand).
- Saturday: Camping with Community Group — Again, everyone is bring stuff for Tacos/Fajitas for dinner. We’re bringing sour cream, cheese, and salsa. (I think I mostly have all of this on hand.)
- Sunday: Slow Cooker Black Bean & Salsa Chicken with Cornbread Dressing, fruit, steamed veggies
What I’ve Spent So Far This Week
Total I’ve Spend So Far This Week: $17.67
Total Left to Spend: $52.33
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!