Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
I felt like this was a really meh week when it came to grocery deals. I went to Kroger twice, and both times didn’t find that many good deals.
Because the deals weren’t that great and I still had money left in the budget, I decided to run by ALDI to see what deals I could find. Well, I felt like the deals were pretty non-existent at ALDI, too.
Oh well, not every week is a great deal week, right? And it makes me grateful for all the many deals that usually find!
Kroger Shopping Trip #1:
- 4 packages of frozen veggies — $1 each
- 5 packages of Eckrich sausage — $1.49 each when you buy 5 participating items
- 4 bags of produce — marked down to $0.99 each
- No Cow Protein Bar — free with Freebie Friday e-coupon
- 2 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats — marked down to $1.59 each
- 1 dozen eggs — marked down to $1.79
- Gallon of milk — $2.79
- 3 organic Coconut yogurts — marked down to $0.24 each
- 2 cottage cheese — marked down to $0.69 each
- Total with tax: $26.85
Since I’m doing a lot of decluttering right now, I decided it was high time that I declutter the garage freezer, too. I only had about 20 minutes, so I did what I could with the time I had.
Not perfect, but so much better!
Kroger Shopping Trip #2:
- HomeChef Mashed Potatoes — marked down to $1.29
- Deli Chicken — marked down to $2.39
- Milk — $2.79
- Hummus — marked down to $0.99
- Lettuce — $1.79
- Frozen Green Beans — $1
- Sugar — $1.59
- Total with tax: $12.71
ALDI Shopping Trip
- Frozen Broccoli x 2 = $0.99 each
- Frozen Sweet Peas x 2 = $0.99 each
- Macaroni & Cheese x 5 = $0.33 each
- Garlic = $0.99
- Frozen Berries = $1.95
- Bananas = $0.59
- 12-pack of Ramen noodles = $1.94
- Dill Pickle Spears = $1.39
- Avocados x 4 = $0.39 each
- Refried Beans x 2 = $0.75 each
- Green Beans x 2 = $0.49 each
- Mozzarella cheese = $1.69
- Cheddar cheese = $1.69
- Lemon juice = $2.39
- Chocolate milk = $1.59
- Total with tax = $25.48
Overall Total: $65.04
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!