I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of six (two adults, two teens, a pre-teen, and a baby). This includes almost all of our breakfasts, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, feminine products, etc.). Jesse and I usually eat lunch at home. The kids have lunch at school.
After accidentally spending too much on groceries last week, I wanted to get back on track by only spending $65 on groceries this week.
We are supposed to have icy weather and winter storms, so our store was really picked over — especially the produce. I could not believe that there was literally not one single banana left!
I found this turkey marked down. I’m going to use it to make Hot Pockets for dinner + sliders for the kids’ lunches.
If you want some salad inspiration, be sure to follow along on Instagram Stories. I usually show my lunch salad every week day in stories!
I found these StoneFire Artisan Flatbreads marked down too $1.79 for two. I had some pasta sauce + cheese in the freezer, so we used it to make heart pizzas for Valentine’s Day.
I totally forgot to take a photo of all of the groceries before I put them away, so you’ll just have to go off of the screenshots I took from my IG stories. (If you want to see everything I bought, you can watch my Faceboook Live here.)
Here’s what I ended up buying at the store…
Kroger Shopping Trip
- Milk — $2.89
- Bath tissue — $2.39
- 2 packages bath tissue — $0.79 each
- 2 boxes Cheerios — marked down to $1.49 each
- 2 boxes Ronzoni Pasta — $0.49 each after the digital coupon
- 2 boxes Creamette Pasta — $0.49 each after the digital coupon
- 3 dozen eggs — marked down to $1.29 each
- 7 yogurts — marked down to $0.39 each
- 3 packages turkey — marked down to $2.39 each
- 2 jars peanut butter — $1.25 each
- Stonefire pizza crusts — marked down to $1.79
- Rice — $0.89
- Rolls — $1.09
- Frozen veggies — $1
- Water — $0.89
- Whole Grain Bread — marked down to $2.29
- Apple Juice — $0.99 with digital coupon
- Potatoes — $2.77
- 2 bags produce — $0.99 each
- Cantaloupe — marked down to $0.99
- 12-pack Danimals smoothies — $2.50 with digital coupon
- Salad Blend — marked down to $2.49
- Mushrooms — marked down to $1.39
- Salad mix — marked down to $1.69
- Carrots — $1
- Clementines — $3.99
- Apples — $3.99
- Total with tax: $65.03
And I was really excited that I almost hit my $65 target — just $0.03 off!
Want to learn some of my best tips and tricks for cutting your grocery bill? Sign up here for my FREE tip sheet on how to cut your grocery bill by $50 this week.