Today’s episode is a fun and informal one! And it actually took a turn down a path I hadn’t planned and we just rolled with it. I honestly think I’ve never laughed this much while recording a podcast ever! I hope it maybe makes you laugh… or you can just laugh at us laughing so hard (I literally had tears streaming down my face I was laughing so hard!)
In this episode, we not only share about Kathrynne’s college decision and what led to that decision (and why she’s going about things in a creative and non-traditional way), but we also share about a few crazy things that happened on my book launch day. (Note: you might not want to listen to this section if you have a weak stomach.) Plus, we talk about Jesse doing the 75Hard program.
Note: This episode was recorded before the Nashville shooting. We paused recording this past week because I wanted to address it in some way and didn’t have the words or clarity yet. We’ll have an episode going up next week that I recorded yesterday with Katie Davis Majors where we talk more about it and she has so much wisdom to share with mamas who are struggling with fear of the unknown for your kids as a result.
Powered by RedCircle
In This Episode
[00:35] – Welcome to our virtual living room — this is a very informal episode where we share some updates and stories.
[01:44] – The day of my book launch was definitely eventful, starting with a flat tire.
[06:15] – And then I ended up in the urgent care for an infection in my finger and an excruciating procedure.
[14:44] – Sharing this story sparked me to tell a funny story of my mom taking me to a medical procedure.
[16:27] – Jesse has been working on 75Hard.
[19:20] – We shift the conversation to Kathrynne’s college decision.
[22:22] – Why we had Kathrynne apply to 10+ colleges.
[26:55] – We did things “backwards” and Kathrynne applied to colleges and got accepted before doing college visits.
[28:56] – Why Kathrynne has decided not to live on campus and the college she chose to go to for the first year.
Links & Resources
- Crystal Paine Show – 181. What is Kathrynne doing after high school?
- The Time-Saving Mom: How to Juggle a Lot, Enjoy Your Life, and Accomplish What Matters Most by Crystal Paine
- The Time-Saving Mom: How to Juggle a Lot, Enjoy Your Life, and Accomplish What Matters Most by Crystal Paine (Buy via Baker Publishing Group)
- Love-Centered Parenting: The No-Fail Guide to Launching Your Kids by Crystal Paine
- 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: crystal @ moneysavingmom.com