To celebrate the launch of Love-Centered Parenting, this week, we turn the tables on the podcast and Jesse hosts the show!
He interviews me about why I wrote another book when I never thought I would, a real behind-the-scenes look at how I wrote this book, what the editorial process is like for writing a book, plus much more!
He asks me some of his own questions + questions you all submitted, including:
- Did I plan to write another book? (Spoiler alert: the answer is no!)
- How was the writing process of this book compared to my other books?
- What was the most difficult part of writing Love-Centered Parenting?
- What are the best and worst aspects of writing a book?
- How do you find inspiration for what to write about?
- Could a non-Christian benefit from Love-Centered Parenting?
- How do you get started writing a book?
- And more!
In This Episode:
[00:33] Welcome back! We’ve got a new host today because it’s a special week!
[02:37] Did I intend to ever write another book?
[05:34] Why this writing process was the best out of all the books I’ve written.
[08:05] What was the most difficult of this process?
[09:57] The best and worst aspects of writing a book and getting it published.
[13:07] How I find a focus, topic, or direction for my books.
[15:17] My advice for how to start writing your first book.
[18:50] How did I come across my current publisher and agent?
[21:45] Have I ever gotten tired of the subject that I am writing about?
[23:49] Can a non-religious person benefit from this book?
[25:09] What I’m most excited about with this book.
[28:43] Jesse shares his perspective and passion for this book, as well.
Links and Resources:
- Love-Centered Parenting
- Published by Chandler Bolt
- Jennifer Dukes Lee
- 10-Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: email@example.com
How to Listen to The Crystal Paine Show
The podcast is available on iTunes, Android, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can listen online through the direct player here. OR, a much easier way to listen is by subscribing to the podcast through a free podcast app on your phone. (Find instructions for how to subscribe to a podcast here.)
Ready to dive in and listen? Hit the player above or search for “The Crystal Paine Show” on your favorite podcast app.