I love finding deals at Kroger! If you have a Kroger store or Kroger affiliate, you don’t want to miss this post!
I got PAID to buy groceries today. Well, I mean, the store clerk didn’t hand me money (though that has happened before when I had so many coupons that I had a negative balance!), but I did get all of these items for FREE — and I made money back for buying them.
I usually wait to share my grocery posts with you on Sundays. But I just can’t wait to share my deals with you today, because my Kroger shopping trip was kind of insane… and well, you might find the same deals at your Kroger, so I figured I shouldn’t keep this to myself until Sunday.
How I Got Paid To Buy Groceries
Kroger is running a Buy 5, Get $5 Off deal through April 2, 2019. I was planning to buy Mrs, Cubbison’s croutons because my kids love them (they literally eat them like potato chips; I know, weird but true!).
I thought they were priced at $0.49 each when you buy 5 participating items. When I got to the store, I discovered that our store had them for $0.29 — no coupons needed. Best of all, there was a $1/2 coupon + an iBotta rebate. So they were MORE than free.
However, that’s not all, there were peelie coupons on them for $1 off any Ken’s salad dressing when buy 2. Ken’s dressing is also part of the Buy 5, Get $5 Off deal AND there is an Ibotta rebate for Ken’s dressing, too.
Here Are the Details on What I Bought
Here’s how I ended up working this deal:
- I bought 4 bags of Mrs. Cubbison’s Croutons — $0.29 each when you buy 5 participating items
- And I bought 2 bottles of Ken’s dressing — $1.49 each when you buy 5 participating items
- Then, I used $1/2 Mrs. Cubbison’s printable coupon
- And I used 2 $1/1 Ken’s dressing peelie coupons
- Plus, I submitted my receipt to get $1 back from iBotta for buying 4 bags of Mrs. Cubbison’s Croutons
- AND, I submitted my receipt to get $1.50 back from iBotta for buying 2 bottles of Ken’s dressing
- After the deals, the coupons, and the rebates = everything was FREE + overage*
Oh and by the way, guess what else I found marked down at the store today? Salads marked down to $0.25 each!!!! (Seeing as I usually eat two salads every day, I should be stocked up on salad ingredients for a little while!)
*In case you are wondering, I also bought 4 other Buy 5, Get $5 Off participating items. I’ll share all of my groceries on Sunday. I spent $54 and saved $60!