I told you all that I’m using the Organize in 5 Diary in 2019 to whip my house in shape. It’s a digital download that gives you a 5-minute organizational project for every day in 2019.
Each of the projects (that can be done in 5 minutes or less) help you work through your entire home and set up better systems and habits. It covers almost all aspects of your life:
- your home
- your work
- your closet
- your computer and email
- your health
- your finances
- your time management
- your relationships
- your family
- and there are even tasks to encourage you to take time to relax!
Today’s project for the Organize in 5 Diary was to clear out your cookbooks. While I don’t have a lot of cookbooks, it’s been a long time since I’ve gone through them.
So I set the timer for 5 minutes and pulled them all down and laid them out on the table…
There were a few loose recipes that I got rid of or added to my recipe box. And I looked briefly through each cookbook to decide whether I wanted to keep it.
I also went through this recipe box. It was full of so many special memories — so many of the recipes were handwritten down for me by friends and family before I got married almost 16 years ago. Everyone included their names on the recipes and it was a wonderful walk down memory lane to look the recipes.
There were a few printed out recipes I tossed out and some I had added to the box from various places that I decided to also toss since they didn’t look like ones I would ever make (I’m not even sure where all the various printed up recipes came from!) Of course I didn’t toss any of the handwritten recipe cards.
Here’s what I ended up keeping:
- Chocolate Covered Katie — We use this one often and I love so many of the recipes in this cookbook!
- Gifts From Your Kitchen — This one is a really special one to me because some of the really special occasion recipes we made growing up are in this one.
- Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook — This is the one cookbook I think everyone should have in their kitchen!
- Cooking Class — This is Kaitlynn’s cookbook.
- Cookbook for Girls — This is Kaitlynn’s cookbook.
- Various church cookbooks and recipe books that were self-published by people special to me
(Oh and if you’re wondering where all our mugs are — we had friends over for New Year’s Brunch yesterday and most all our mugs were used for tea and coffee and are in the dishwasher! :))
Want to Win 2 of My Cookbooks?
Giveaway is CLOSED. Winner is: Jo Medlin (jothomas3@)
I decided to give these two cookbooks away to one of you… they are cookbooks I love, but most of the recipes I regularly use in them I have memorized, have printed out, or can easily pull up online. I figured it’s time to pass them onto one of you! (By the way, if you know you will only use one of the cookbooks, please mention that in the comment and if you’re chosen, I’ll send you that cookbook and will choose another winner to send the other cookbook, too.)
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!